DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Software Tool For Gimbal Issue

mavicpro66

Reactions
I recently replaced my gimbal ribbon cable on my Mavic Pro and everything works perfectly however, I cannot pass gimbal calibration(gets stuck at 77%) I've seen other people get stuck at 77% as well and every time I bring it up for flight after the gimbal goes through it's startup ritual it is stuck looking to the right. See pic below. Another member posted a reply to my original cry for help stating that he saw a youtube video where someone fixed this issue with a software tool that is not available to the public. Please see the reply I am referring to here:

I have a couple of questions here. Does anyone on this forum know what this software tool may be and where I can get it? Next, hopefully someone with experience repairing these gimbals may chime in, when I had my gimbal off of the aircraft and torn apart replacing the ribbon cable I was worried that I may have over rotated the moving parts. Is over rotation on those arms possible and could it have caused damage? This being the first time to repair one of these it was kind of flopping around loosely until I figured out how to route the ribbon cable. I was careful not to force anything, but I was a little worried about over rotation. If you've had these things apart before you will know what I am talking about. I've also got an issue with the horizon. In order to get it level I am not sitting at zero. It's 7 points to one side to get it level. Can't remember which direction without bringing it up. I'm a little hesitant to tear this thing down again, but if I have to I will. I've tried everything I can think of, updating the firmware on controller and bird, IMU calibration, even the one where you move the bird around chasing dots on the screen. Any replies are appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

Attachments

• IMG-3844.jpg
    IMG-3844.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members