DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sold Smart Controller and using iPad Mini 5th Generation w/ Air 2S

RGS2010

Reactions
I just sold my original version DJI Smart Controller that I've had for a year.
It worked okay with my A2S and my Mini 2 but the display was still just a bit too small for me.

I bought an iPad Mini 5th Generation and flew it this weekend with the A2S. It was great. It, of course, was not quite as bright at the SC but the larger format worked much better for me. There was no jerkiness in the video, even with screen recording, at all. I also liked knowing that I was getting the full O3 occusync experience with the standard controller. I do miss the extra buttons and wheel but all the functionality is still there. In fact, there was a guy at the flying field who lost his plane a couple of months ago and I helped him with some search pattern videos. It was a great way to test out all the functions and detail of the system. By the way, we didn't find his plane yet.

So iPad 5 is highly recommended with the Air 2S and the Mini 2!

Reactions: pescobar61
I just sold my original version DJI Smart Controller that I've had for a year.
It worked okay with my A2S and my Mini 2 but the display was still just a bit too small for me.

I bought an iPad Mini 5th Generation and flew it this weekend with the A2S. It was great. It, of course, was not quite as bright at the SC but the larger format worked much better for me. There was no jerkiness in the video, even with screen recording, at all. I also liked knowing that I was getting the full O3 occusync experience with the standard controller. I do miss the extra buttons and wheel but all the functionality is still there. In fact, there was a guy at the flying field who lost his plane a couple of months ago and I helped him with some search pattern videos. It was a great way to test out all the functions and detail of the system. By the way, we didn't find his plane yet.

So iPad 5 is highly recommended with the Air 2S and the Mini 2!

What are you using as a tablet holder/mount?

Reactions: chad61610
got this LyongTech with the same setup: LYONGTECH 4-11 Inch Phone Tablet Holder Mount for DJI Mavic 3,Air 2S,Mavic Air 2, DJI Mini 2 Drone Remote Controller, Extended Control Bracket Clip Accessories: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

5 mini with the 2s controller. It snaps into the top under the aerial and you have to press a button to release. The lanyards are a little close to the sticks, but i tend to hold the controller up and let it hang on the lanyard when not flying. Generally very good, but may need a sunshield for a bright day. Any recommendations?

Have others but Prefer this type made by a few. I use with the mini 5.

DBE329FA-24D3-41EB-BAD2-3F566A6A13C4.png

I recently switched from the lPhone 12 Pro Max used in the standard Mini 2 controller. A great success, the extra real estate is invaluable. Also it overcomes the problem of the iPhone 12, that is the screen goes very dark when the phone is hot, which where I live is all the time.
I use a DJI adapter which is excellent other than it is on the large side.

What are you using as a tablet holder/mount?
Extender and Lanyard attachment. Both of them together, maybe $25-$30 and fit easily in my hard case. The extender looks really cheap and I guess it is but it has lasted well over the last 18 months. Also I have to have lanyard and this has been great too. The iPad fits into a groove on the top of the lanyard mount, it's perfect for the iPad Mini.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme