DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SOLVED: Reserve Video Downlink Port (USB)

calmar81

Reactions
I‘ve got a quick question: The manual of the M2 says, the RC has a „Reserve video Downlink port (USB)“. So far so good.

When flying with my Mavic Air, I connect an iPad Mini from time to time to this port and have a normal connection to my DJI Go 4 app, like when I connect my phone via the top left side port.

With my M2P I don’t get a connection on that port to the phone / app at all. Is that normal? Because I would like to use my tablet mount + iPad mini here, too!

Thanks a lot for your answers or a hint to a thread that might have covered my question in the past (couldn’t find it via search)

I found out myself, that I have to unplug the top left micro-USB plug to get a connection via the USB-A port on the bottom of the RC.

Can’t remember that I had to do this with my MA RC...

However: Problem solved but saved for the future and people with the same issue :)

Last edited:
You didn't with it but you do with the MP or M2P/Z .

Some folks have reported that you can actually plug a power bank into the top/charging port and still use the bottom port to a device. I don't know if this might be cable related or what? Have not tried it myself.

Some folks have reported that you can actually plug a power bank into the top/charging port and still use the bottom port to a device. I don't know if this might be cable related or what? Have not tried it myself.
That is 100% correct ... Use a USB-A to micro-USB cable from the power brick to the side port of the controller - at the same time as using a USB-A to whatever USB standard your phone/tablet is from the USB socket on the underside of the controller to the tablet/phone. That is one way of overcoming the "My RC controller charges my Android phone!" problem. Just be careful of what-way-round you plug the micro-USB connector into the controller micro-USB socket - as it can be broken if wrong!!!

Reactions: ff22
Hello,
stopped working today: reserve Video-Downlink Port (USB). I was using it the morning and in the afternoon, when I wanted to attach a tablet, it didn't work anymore.
I have tried 3 different cables, two more devices, and neither of them has launched the DJI GO application on the screen. Do you have any suggestions / advice?
Thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent