DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SOLVED Settings for Importing Mini 3 Video to DaVinci Resolve

AusGeoff

Reactions
Hi,
I am hoping someone can assist. When I go to import a video that is only 39 seconds long DaVinci just ignores the video. No errors, just doesn't bring it into the Media Pool.

Mini 3 Pro
Video settings: mp4; D-Cinilike; H.264; subtitles on; AUTO

DaVinci
I have installed the latest version of DaVinci. Master settings: Timeline Format: Timeline Resolution 3840 x 2160 Ultra HD; Aspect Ratio square; Timeline Framerate 29.97. The rest left alone.

Solution? Suggestions? More questions?

Thanks, ...Geoff

Can you view the video outside Resolve? I.e. through a video player?

How do you normally import? Drag and drop? (that's what I do...)

Resolve free version will not import 10 bit video. For that, you need to buy Resolve.

I think if your shoot D-Cinelike, the Mini 3 creates 10 bit video by default.

Does Resolve import the audio, but not the video? If so, that’s your problem.

Try shooting in the “Normal” codec, not D-Cinelike.

You need to use the H265 setting or buy the full version of DR.
I had the same issue, H264 will play in VLC. Recorded some holiday pics in H264 but could not use the footage in DR.
So done some hunting on line.
Turns out you can covert the footage, 264 to 265, but you will loose out on quality.
I hacked the following together from various sources, non of which I can take credit for, to run through ffmpeg (which you'll need to download - it's open source I believe). Google ffmpeg and you'll find the download.

create a convert.bat file using notepad (save as a .bat rather than .txt) and add:

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -c:v prores_ks -profile:v 3 -vendor apl0 -bits_per_mb 8000 -pix_fmt yuv422p10le output.mov
pause

Place the convert.bat file into the folder with the input.mp4 file (change name in code to suit your file) and double click to run the bat.

It's slow but will convert (and significantly swell) H264 footage so that at least you can open and use it in DR.
I recovered my footage this way.

It works by conveting to apple format (or some similar wizardry).

Hope of use

Edit:

My .bat file attached (you'll need to change it from a .txt to a .bat to work).

Attachments

• Converter.txt
    128 bytes · Views: 12
You need to use the H265 setting or buy the full version of DR.
I had the same issue, H264 will play in VLC. Recorded some holiday pics in H264 but could not use the footage in DR.
So done some hunting on line.
Turns out you can covert the footage, 264 to 265, but you will loose out on quality.
I hacked the following together from various sources, non of which I can take credit for, to run through ffmpeg (which you'll need to download - it's open source I believe). Google ffmpeg and you'll find the download.

create a convert.bat file using notepad (save as a .bat rather than .txt) and add:

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -c:v prores_ks -profile:v 3 -vendor apl0 -bits_per_mb 8000 -pix_fmt yuv422p10le output.mov
pause

Place the convert.bat file into the folder with the input.mp4 file (change name in code to suit your file) and double click to run the bat.

It's slow but will convert (and significantly swell) H264 footage so that at least you can open and use it in DR.
I recovered my footage this way.

It works by conveting to apple format (or some similar wizardry).

Hope of use

Edit:

My .bat file attached (you'll need to change it from a .txt to a .bat to work).
In some youtube video (which I can't remember) also said that D-cinelike will only work in h.265 in Resolve.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61