DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Solved: What voltage to Bench Test Mavic Pro motors? ANSWER You need an ESC

kartane

Reactions
What voltage do I need to bench test a Mavic Pro motor? Are Platinum batteries the same? I have a drowned MPP and I would like to know if the motors still work.

Do I have to desolder them from the circuit board? I could not find the motor specs anywhere. Yes, I am aware they are variable speed. I just want to put 2 wires across a motor and see it work.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Really, so the circuitry must include a transformer.

No - see my clarification above. I realized after posting that it looked like I was implying an A.C. motor. It's a 3-phase DC brushless but you can't just feed it a simple D.C. voltage.

That makes sense. It needs to be variable.

What voltage do I need to bench test a Mavic Pro motor? Are Platinum batteries the same? I have a drowned MPP and I would like to know if the motors still work.

Do I have to desolder them from the circuit board? I could not find the motor specs anywhere. Yes, I am aware they are variable speed. I just want to put 2 wires across a motor and see it work.

Thanks for looking.
For testing brushless motors there are corresponding devices from the RC sector. For example, you need such a device:

SkyRC BMA-01 Brushless Motor Analyzer / Tester

But why do you want to test a single motor, is it a spare part? You can also do a simple test directly at the MPP. Start the engines without mounted propellers, and do a listening test. If all four motors are running and sound the same, then it can be assumed that they are working properly ...

Reactions: Former Member
The motors use a 3-phase alternating current, into 3 sets of coil windings ... Have a look at the attached to get an idea of how this works.

Attachments

• P2V_ESC_P1-2.pdf
    607.5 KB · Views: 42
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007