DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some basic Litchi questions

Coskier

Reactions
Still debating getting Litchi, and had a few beginner questions about it:

1) When you fly through Litchi, I assume it is similar to the DJI app in terms of information and screen correct?
2) For those using Litchi on the Smart Controller - do you still update the firmware of the controller when it asks you to, or do you just fly with Litchi and forgo the DJI updates?
3) When flying a mission, what happens if you take off in a spot that is not exactly where the mission is supposed to start? Does it fly to that location and then perform the mission?

Thank you.

1) Watch YT videos for examples of Litchi screens.
3) Drone will attempt to fly to WP 1 no matter where you start from, no matter how far, no matter what is in the way!
The last 7 words are the most important here!

Still debating getting Litchi, and had a few beginner questions about it:

1) When you fly through Litchi, I assume it is similar to the DJI app in terms of information and screen correct?
2) For those using Litchi on the Smart Controller - do you still update the firmware of the controller when it asks you to, or do you just fly with Litchi and forgo the DJI updates?
3) When flying a mission, what happens if you take off in a spot that is not exactly where the mission is supposed to start? Does it fly to that location and then perform the mission?

Thank you.
1. Yes, extremely familiar but with bonuses like selectable voice reporting of telemetry among other things. :)
2. Yes Update normally...why wouldn't you? Some do use the Litchi interface almost exclusively, but it doesn't do all that the Go Apps do.
3. Already answered, but warning...if it thinks your close enough to the start point it will initiate 1st point height adjustment at take off point and not adjust out to a clear area...and you could be under a tree at take off point...don't ask me how I know :rolleyes: I would advise flying it manually into the clear "Close" to mission start and go with that to avoid any issue.

Thanks all

if and when you get litchi watch the film school sample it is much more than just a sample

I prefer to use Litchi almost every flight, even when not using waypoints. Just a better interface for me - does every thing I want

Reactions: RonW
i use it 99.9 of the time its a nice app and the more i use it the more i discover but its simple and reliable hard to beat that especially shooting i can,t do it near as smooth

Reactions: RonW
Same as above, I use it for 99% of my flights now, so used to the interface, ok it crashes now and again ( the app ) but I dont panic anymore, a quick reload & carry on where I left off, if I'm using waypoints which 9 times out of 10 I am, I just check & then re-check the settings before take off & try to guess what could cause a waypoint failure to try stay one step ahead, like everything, it's a learning curve & sometimes you can't anticipate everything, just remember for next time & triple check before lift off, I still think DJI Go 4 has a better looking interface, but I have grown used to Litchi now so use that primarily now.

Reading a lot about Dronelink also. Any of you using both of them?

I have had two instances in the same place lost a spark couldn,t figure why it was so low could have been bad planning but after rechecking it should have had plenty of allitude anyway my brother went up with me to search and had a garmin we put the cooridinates in and one area on the mountain had magenectic interference the garmin was useless but there is alot of malpia and it does render a compass useless, in the drone it was about 95 ft short in alititude and 250 ft south of the gps reading but just for 300 yrds or so i lost a mavic also searching for a spark but the third drone was equipped with marco pollo and was found I did over seventy missions in the area searching and it was close but straight up and down rough every mission was lost signal for half the flight and excluding the one area on the money every waypoint and time and speeds and 97% returned home with video of the whole flight to say the least litchi mission hub impresses me

Reading a lot about Dronelink also. Any of you using both of them?

I actually use three apps regularly. I use Litchi for basic flying, Maven when I need quick and easy waypoint missions and Dronelink when I do mapping missions.

I have a MM and Litchi doesn’t support waypoints yet so that is why I use Maven. Dronelink is pretty complicated when it comes to waypoint missions but mapping is easy and neither Litchi or Maven does mapping.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
1) Watch YT videos for examples of Litchi screens.
3) Drone will attempt to fly to WP 1 no matter where you start from, no matter how far, no matter what is in the way!
What if the waypoint are out of reach of controller and you lost connection with the drone? the drone will continue mission and return then home? or if you put last wp in home position he will make all mission? or when he lose sgnal he will immediately return home like it is in DJI Fly?

Once the mission is loaded to the drone and started, the drone will complete the mission and then return to the point set in the mission (hover at the last point, return to point 1 or return home). UNLESS
You make a mistake in planning the mission (as I did). Wrong altitude in one waypoint almost killed the drone. Was lucky, just missed a concrete edge and the drone hovered unable to continue mission untill the moment that battery was down to 30% and RTH was triggered. There it went up and came back.
SO
If you send the drone out on a mission tripplecheck the altitudes and possible obstacles. Normally, I do start the drone, send it up to the alitude I want to fly and take a close look at the area. Depending on batterylevel, I then start the mission or get the drone in, change battery and start with a fresh pack.

I have had two instances in the same place lost a spark couldn,t figure why it was so low could have been bad planning but after rechecking it should have had plenty of allitude anyway my brother went up with me to search and had a garmin we put the cooridinates in and one area on the mountain had magenectic interference the garmin was useless but there is alot of malpia and it does render a compass useless, in the drone it was about 95 ft short in alititude and 250 ft south of the gps reading but just for 300 yrds or so i lost a mavic also searching for a spark but the third drone was equipped with marco pollo and was found I did over seventy missions in the area searching and it was close but straight up and down rough every mission was lost signal for half the flight and excluding the one area on the money every waypoint and time and speeds and 97% returned home with video of the whole flight to say the least litchi mission hub impresses me

That was impossible to read. Why do you do that?

I lose connection all the time which makes litchi so important for me if your mission planning is good then you keep the rth if lost connection in missions off it will finish and indeed be home if your planning is good and if your mission is to long make sure your rth allitude will be good and the aircraft will make the decision for you and it will be along shortly 99.9% of the time that percent that it dosen,t have a marco polo locator and you can be at ease 100% of the time i flew a spark it loves coming home 2 pro,s and inspire 1 and they all want to be home first and foremost seems that is part of a personality, if that was possible watch this pro trying to make it home with a bad RTH allitude& lost connection

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54