DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

some news on the latest IOS 15.4 update which i received today

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
hi fellow flyers
i use an I pad for my drone flying it is a WIFI only 32 gig 8th gen and it has always worked really well with all my drones
that was until the IOS 15.3 came out ,after it was installed i was not able to fly for a few weeks ,and about a week ago i decided to take my trusty MPP out for an airing as it was a bit to windy for the MM
when i got every thing set up and tried to start the GO4 app it would not allow me to access the start up screen.
as there was no WIFI where i was, i came home and removed the GO4 app from the I pad reinstalled it and all seemed to work fine again ,because i dont keep the I pad switched on till i need it for flying,i turned it off and then on again ,and the app would not start ,so after some messing around i found that if i just put the I pad in sleep mode, then the GO4 app would continue to work when i selected it .
so today i went out with my MM and when i used the Fly app ,i was getting strange delays between the Camera and screen device ,if i moved the gimbal the image would move several seconds later ,in other words lag
so i came home with the intention of removing the Fly app and reinstalling it ,and thats when i found out about the new IOS update
since doing the update ,i am happy to say that the GO4 app works even after turning off the I pad ,and also the lag with the Fly app has disappeared as well ,so i am once again a happy bunny
sorry this post is so long ,but just wanted to get the info out there for others to know

hi fellow flyers
i use an I pad for my drone flying it is a WIFI only 32 gig 8th gen and it has always worked really well with all my drones
that was until the IOS 15.3 came out ,after it was installed i was not able to fly for a few weeks ,and about a week ago i decided to take my trusty MPP out for an airing as it was a bit to windy for the MM
when i got every thing set up and tried to start the GO4 app it would not allow me to access the start up screen.
as there was no WIFI where i was, i came home and removed the GO4 app from the I pad reinstalled it and all seemed to work fine again ,because i dont keep the I pad switched on till i need it for flying,i turned it off and then on again ,and the app would not start ,so after some messing around i found that if i just put the I pad in sleep mode, then the GO4 app would continue to work when i selected it .
so today i went out with my MM and when i used the Fly app ,i was getting strange delays between the Camera and screen device ,if i moved the gimbal the image would move several seconds later ,in other words lag
so i came home with the intention of removing the Fly app and reinstalling it ,and thats when i found out about the new IOS update
since doing the update ,i am happy to say that the GO4 app works even after turning off the I pad ,and also the lag with the Fly app has disappeared as well ,so i am once again a happy bunny
sorry this post is so long ,but just wanted to get the info out there for others to know
So what version of iOS are you now running after updating the OS on your iPad?

What versions are the Go4 and Fly apps?

@DoomMeister
version 15.4 on the I pad
version 1.5.10 fly App
version 4.3.46 GO 4 App

Reactions: DoomMeister
yes sorry my mistake ,i am getting old you know i will edit my mistakes now

• Haha
Reactions: 4006448
@Robert Prior ,thanks for pointing out my mistake ,have edited as promised

hi fellow flyers
Glad you solved it omm, keep safe, cheers Len

Reactions: old man mavic
Bad thing about ipads is you can't back up once you update firmware. Bugs and all. And certain things baked into the firmware that don't belong.

Are your flight records still intact?

Reactions: old man mavic
@lookout yes all is working fine now, the issues seemed to start with the IOS 15 set of updates
i dont think for one minute that it won't happen again at some point,in the future ,i do not allow auto updates on any of my devices or apps ,and try to see if any issue do present themselves before i do any updates

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11