DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Some smokey footage from US East Coast

maggior

Reactions
It wasn't my plan to fly in the haze we had here in NJ the other day, but I had an opportunity to fly so I took it. The effect of the haze on visibility was different from fog or clouds. I normally like to film picturesque scenery in bright conditions. I figured I'd embrace this and take it as an opportunity to try my hand at some color grading to enhance the somber mood the haze evokes. I took a "less is more" approach which I think worked, though there is still more I could probably do.

I live in Northern California - I didn't the smoke from wildfires out West was making it all the way back there. Good flying - nice area. I imagine it's much better clear.

Reactions: maggior
I am on Long Island and we had the same conditions here 2 days ago ( 20, July 2021), cleared out, now ....good control work on that video....that is good music that accompanied it also!

• Love
I live in Northern California - I didn't the smoke from wildfires out West was making it all the way back there. Good flying - nice area. I imagine it's much better clear.
Yup, some of the smoke got caught up in the jetstream and made its way all of the way here. It's cleared up now.

Yes, that area is much clearer on a normal day. Here's the same area back in the spring...big difference!

I am on Long Island and we had the same conditions here 2 days ago ( 20, July 2021), cleared out, now ....good control work on that video....that is good music that accompanied it also!
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the music too :). Yeah, it's all cleared out here also.

Is that you playing guitar in the background?...I see you posted links...
Yes, that's me! I like combining my music with my drone footage. If you enjoyed the track on the video you might enjoy the rest of my stuff. If the links don't work for you let me know.

Some of the smoke around is also from Canadian wild fires too.. there are a lot of them this year because its so dry in some places and others are drowning,..

It wasn't my plan to fly in the haze we had here in NJ the other day, but I had an opportunity to fly so I took it. The effect of the haze on visibility was different from fog or clouds. I normally like to film picturesque scenery in bright conditions. I figured I'd embrace this and take it as an opportunity to try my hand at some color grading to enhance the somber mood the haze evokes. I took a "less is more" approach which I think worked, though there is still more I could probably do.

We've gotten a lot of haze / smoke from the wildfires out west in Western NC.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

A well kept neighborhood by everybody.
I haven't flown for two days and I'll have to send her up to check out the horizon in Delaware.
Thx for the share.

BTW, nice flying captain.

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback!

Some folks have expressed interest in the music used in the video. The easiest place to access it is probably here at Bandcamp. You can play it right from the site, download it, pay for it, whatever you like :) Feel free to use it in your own videos if you like.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123