DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Someone pretty please help! In Hawaii getting !*******!!

Bladzalot

Reactions
*** **** it DJI and your ********!!

So, .900 comes out last week or so, I power up my drone at home in Colorado, and the app says "there is a new update, and you will not be forced to update, but we wish you would" or something along those lines. I ignore, fly around, make sure everything is good to go, and then pack it all up and head out for The Big Island of Hawaii.

Fast forward to today and I unpack the drone, I am in a VERY remote section of the Island (Milolii, HI, United States) and on the DJI no fly map I am all clear. There is no yellows, reds, NOTHING for miles and miles and miles. Power up the Mavic and I have *** **** errors coming out my ***. Compass issue, firmware update REQUIRED, NFZ update REQUIRED, cannot take off in NFZ.

So, of course my internet out here is .3mb download, so I set it up to update everything and go run errands, it is that slow... Get back, everything is current, still says I am in a no fly zone. Go to their site, look up that town, there is literally nothing...

This is FOR REAL the ONLY reason I bought this thing, was to film our vacation, take pictures, have fun. Can someone PLEASE tell me what the **** I am doing wrong? I literally cannot even take off, this is frustrating as sweet holy ********

If anyone, at the very least, knows how to downgrade to .700 so I can just take the *** **** NFZ ******** off, I will do that, but as of now, DJI Assistant gives me the options for .800 and .900 only, because DJI is so awesome at screwing over their fanbase...

Sorry for the potty rant, I am so beside myself right now, it took me forever to get the NFZ lifted from my home in Colorado because I am like 5 miles from a small landing strip, now I have to deal with this ********...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dewster and Blades
*** **** it DJI and your ********!!

So, .900 comes out last week or so, I power up my drone at home in Colorado, and the app says "there is a new update, and you will not be forced to update, but we wish you would" or something along those lines. I ignore, fly around, make sure everything is good to go, and then pack it all up and head out for The Big Island of Hawaii.

Fast forward to today and I unpack the drone, I am in a VERY remote section of the Island (Milolii, HI, United States) and on the DJI no fly map I am all clear. There is no yellows, reds, NOTHING for miles and miles and miles. Power up the Mavic and I have god **** errors coming out my ***. Compass issue, firmware update REQUIRED, NFZ update REQUIRED, cannot take off in NFZ.

So, of course my internet out here is .3mb download, so I set it up to update everything and go run errands, it is that slow... Get back, everything is current, still says I am in a no fly zone. Go to their site, look up that town, there is literally nothing...

This is FOR REAL the ONLY reason I bought this thing, was to film our vacation, take pictures, have fun. Can someone PLEASE tell me what the **** I am doing wrong? I literally cannot even take off, this is frustrating as sweet holy ********

If anyone, at the very least, knows how to downgrade to .700 so I can just take the god **** NFZ ******** off, I will do that, but as of now, DJI Assistant gives me the options for .800 and .900 only, because DJI is so awesome at screwing over their fanbase...

Sorry for the potty rant, I am so beside myself right now, it took me forever to get the NFZ lifted from my home in Colorado because I am like 5 miles from a small landing strip, now I have to deal with this ********...
Those are old stomping grounds for me over there so lets get this resolved so you can grab some amazing shots!

Unfortunately, and for reasons we can't get into, DJI has removed the ability to download firmware prior to .800. The NFZ capability is the exact reason why. There are ways to get to .400 but no one has figured out how to create a VM from .700. If you want to PM me, I may be able to help. Aloha!

I am not 100% certain of this solution but if you are always within a good line of site, simply run the drone without a cell phone attached . It should bypass the restrictions you are encountering

Reactions: MrsTreat
This is completely unacceptable.

I am NOT buying a DJI PRODUCT.

I too intended on getting one for trips I take to remote places with NO MOBILE SIGNAL.

I don't want this happening to me.

Reactions: dewster
Can't even lift off? What a joke. I'm not spending a grand on drone that won't allow me to fly it. Wow

Reactions: Blades
I'm on with support now, no reason, no explaination, no ******* clue, just told me to remove and reinstall the app, which I am doing now. It is currently going to take a couple hours b cause the internet is so slow here... I have never bought such an expensive paperweight in my life... nothing but NFZ issues since day one... I have had it for six months and I have had about a two weeks of enjoyment without issues...

I'm on with support now, no reason, no explaination, no ******* clue, just told me to remove and reinstall the app, which I am doing now. It is currently going to take a couple hours b cause the internet is so slow here... I have never bought such an expensive paperweight in my life... nothing but NFZ issues since day one... I have had it for six months and I have had about a two weeks of enjoyment without issues...

Just get some foil and cover the top of the mavic and this will block the GPS receiver, you will be flying in ATTI mode but at least you can get up and start getting some shots in

Sorry to hear this, but I was reading yesterday about a guy who went to Thailand had this exact scenario happen. He'd checked carefully before leaving home as you did. That was on the DJI forum.

Lot of bleeps in there hehe
That really really sux so im amazed there isn't more bleeps.
Your obvious option is to get away from spastic FW. Not sure how you do that since DJI deliberately sabotaged that fall back option.
Should be a method surely to get back to .400
I can get back to .400 on my VM when I get back home, after my trip is over, and I have no reason to have the thing anymore. My bad for buying a really cool toy with a lot of potential from a company based in a country that is communist...

Have you called DJI? They should have a solution for you

Sorry to hear this, but I was reading yesterday about a guy who went to Thailand had this exact scenario happen. He'd checked carefully before leaving home as you did. That was on the DJI forum.

LOL, I read that too. I laghed my *** off when ppl told him to just relax and enjoy the place, and he came back saying that all the girls were ladyboys, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
On Saturday with Litchi and Goapp I had similar problem restricting radius to 40m. To resolve it I updated Goapp4 requiring I sign in to my ac.
Seems ok a had a long flight, sport mode amongst other things has been improved. Will check to see if Litchi works again but I know an update is due out soon IOS had just had one. I like flying VR and use Litchi.

oh and I turn airplane mode on when I fly, recommended by Litchi support

I'm really interested

Have you resolved this?

You're on vacation.

I cannot remember the last time I typed anything in caps and I've been on the internet since 1995.

YOU SHOULD NOT BE GOING THROUGH THIS STRESS WHILE ON VACATION.

I just returned from the big island Saturday, and I had no issues on .900. Granted I was not flying at the exact same location as you, but if I was outside of a no fly zone, no issues what so ever. Also ran into another gent with a Mavic Pro and he was also flying (but I do not know his software version).

Did the aircraft actually get a good GPS lock with no compass errors?

Getting a NFZ warning when no in a NFZ can be the result of not actually having a good GPS lock so the aircraft doesn't really know where it is...

Reactions: Egika
I just came back from the Big Island 2 weeks ago w/ my MP.
Got some footage all over the island w/ no problem.
Didn't even get that NFZ etc that lots people are having problem with.
AOS 601, FW 400, App 405 airplane mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag