DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Something new. (To me, anyway.)

Starz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Ordered these. Seems to be pretty bright from what I saw on a post.

Arrived. Probably the best way to describe the light these produce would be along the lines of an arc welder. They charge in less than an hour and have an indicator light that is red when charging and turns green when done. Physical size is 1 3/8 x 1 1/4 inch. Didn’t have my eyes in the right spot when I turned it on and had spots in my sight for twenty minutes! They are far brighter than the strobon lights. 2500 feet out last night and didn’t struggle at all to see where it was. Yes, they are a bit pricey, but I won’t be buying any more strobon products. I went with the white variety. If nighttime video is in your plan, they will probably be an issue.
DFF9D68D-1E48-44C6-9908-DC29275E38C4.jpeg

Arrived. Probably the best way to describe the light these produce would be along the lines of an arc welder. They charge in less than an hour and have an indicator light that is red when charging and turns green when done. Physical size is 1 3/8 x 1 1/4 inch. Didn’t have my eyes in the right spot when I turned it on and had spots in my sight for twenty minutes! They are far brighter than the strobon lights. 2500 feet out last night and didn’t struggle at all to see where it was. Yes, they are a bit pricey, but I won’t be buying any more strobon products. I went with the white variety. If nighttime video is in your plan, they will probably be an issue.
View attachment 105025
I have the Firehouse ARC Tri-color 4 Cree strobe. I got it about two weeks ago and have yet to flight test it due to our continuous winds that we have here. Fly one day, stay grounded for two weeks. But for what it's worth it seems very bright sitting on the table. ? ?

Reactions: Hauptmann
I use the Lume Cubes. They are brighter, though larger and heavier. They have the advantage of being BlueTooth controlled, so you can turn them on/off and adjust mode and brightness while the drone is in the air. You don't get blinded!

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
But for what it's worth it seems very bright
Seems is the correct terminology.
I have more strobons than I care to admit, and without any doubt whatsoever, they are not as bright as these new ones that I just acquired.
And if someone needs some strobons, I have some available.

Reactions: RkyMtnHigh
If nighttime video is in your plan, they will probably be an issue.
I bought these TopSun lights and have been fairly pleased with them they are quite bright and weigh only 6 grams. The only down side is they only have one mode - strobe. Some others have Strobe - Constant On. I have taken nighttime videos with the strobe on the bottom of the drone and no interference in the video at all. However it might be the case if it was foggy/hazy.

I bought some bike LEDs I strap on the air. they have multiple flash patterns in both RED and White, very bright at night and only cost 10 bucks.

Funny I use this TopSun Strobe on my bike! And my drones as well. I found the velcro attachment give versatility as to what it is attached to. Though it is very bright to have as a bike taillight. I enjoy it quite a bit so the cars can see me.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike