DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Somewhat point of interest / active track

losse

Reactions
Hi
Wondering if there is a function / mode with the DJI Mavic Pro to lock in on a feature (house / tower / waterfall) that doesn't move and always have the camera locked on the feature while I fly around it or up and down or over it? I know point of interest goes around the object but I'd like to fly straight over it or start low, increase altitude and pan around the object...

Thank you!

There are several Active Track modes. If any of them let you fly free-form around a moving tracked object, it should work on a tracked object that isn't moving.

Take a look at this. Fellow named Jeff Greene. Clever boy. I think he uncovered exactly what you are talking about. After setting the POI, he reduces the default speed to 0, hits GO, but then immediately pauses the Active Track and again sets the speed which has been returned to the default of 3.2 MPH. Once he does this, both sticks are live, while the camera stays glued to the POI. He can go up, down left, right, in or out all the while the camera is tracking the POI. Pretty interesting:

Hi
Wondering if there is a function / mode with the DJI Mavic Pro to lock in on a feature (house / tower / waterfall) that doesn't move and always have the camera locked on the feature while I fly around it or up and down or over it? I know point of interest goes around the object but I'd like to fly straight over it or start low, increase altitude and pan around the object...

Thank you!
Waypoints 2.0 will do this for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3