DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Soon to be Mavic 2 owner from Phoenix, AZ

Burk

Reactions
Black Friday I am picking up a Mavic 2 Zoom. This is an addition to my P4P and a Tello. I am excited to fly the Mavic 2 and welcome it's smaller size so I can keep it with me most of the time. The tips and instructions on the forum have been excellent and I look forward to contributing to the wealth of information here. I am a hobbyist, trying to be the best pilot/photographer I can be. I am also preparing for the Part 107 test as time allows. I love this endeavor and the technology.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Burk
Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.
Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.40805

Just out of curiosity, why the commercial route?
I would like the option to sell photos, video or mapping in the future. The new FAA rules call for knowledge testing for hobby fliers very soon so, If I have to test I might as well go for it all!!

Black Friday I am picking up a Mavic 2 Zoom. This is an addition to my P4P and a Tello. I am excited to fly the Mavic 2 and welcome it's smaller size so I can keep it with me most of the time. The tips and instructions on the forum have been excellent and I look forward to contributing to the wealth of information here. I am a hobbyist, trying to be the best pilot/photographer I can be. I am also preparing for the Part 107 test as time allows. I love this endeavor and the technology.
Howdy from Wyoming @Burk , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

I would like the option to sell photos, video or mapping in the future. The new FAA rules call for knowledge testing for hobby fliers very soon so, If I have to test I might as well go for it all!!
Sounds like a good plan. Great info available here with a little searching. Have fun at the creek!

I have just joined and just became an owner - A bit of advice (IMO) start reading the manuals now!! before it arrives.. There is so much to learn...

All the best

I have just joined and just became an owner - A bit of advice (IMO) start reading the manuals now!! before it arrives.. There is so much to learn...

All the best
And after reading the manual, there is more to find out. Practice,practice and read some more. (and have fun)

All the best
Already have. I own a P4P and I am very excited about getting another drone. Between the manuals and a few Youtube channels I trust I am getting a pretty good handle on this bird and I don't even have it yet!!

I can't overstate the freedom of a kit that's like 1/8 the size of the massive LowePro backpack I carry for my Phantom. It's so discreet in that little case that comes with the FlyMore kit, which holds the Mavic 2, controller, 3 batteries, cables and filters in the stretchy side pockets.

I thought I had a pretty good idea how to fly it watching YT and reading the manual. The intelligent modes, gimbal and sensitivity settings actually take a lot of testing to get it to fly and film the way you want to get smooth footage. I'm gonna have to test and practice in a big field somewhere to figure out how to use these modes. But, with the colorful fall season upon us in the Mid-Atlantic and a trip to Exuma, Bahamas, I didn't have time to waste.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmileyGC and Burk
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new M2Z, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom