DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Soon to be Mavic owner with a few questions

FASTFJR

Reactions
Just waiting for the Platinum to release. I've been a long time user of DJI products. Phantom, P1, P2, P3P and the first Inspire release.

I also plan on buying the Crystalsky 5.5. Its my understanding it doe NOT come with a charger? and no mount. My two question are what charger to get? And what is the best simplest mount? I would like a mount so I can also see the controller

Thanks

Just waiting for the Platinum to release. I've been a long time user of DJI products. Phantom, P1, P2, P3P and the first Inspire release.

I also plan on buying the Crystalsky 5.5. Its my understanding it doe NOT come with a charger? and no mount. My two question are what charger to get? And what is the best simplest mount? I would like a mount so I can also see the controller

Thanks

If you have a P1 or P2 charger just use that ...

I didnt have any so just purchased a P4 car charger as the battery charges quite fast and last about 4 to 5 hours on my CS 5.5

As for the mount that really depends on weather you want to mount under the controller like a mobile or a raised mpont that sits infront on the controller.

Reactions: FASTFJR
All my DJI has been sold, so no chargers. Yes I want something that is raised and sits in front of the controller

According to B&H website your Inspire or P3 charger will work. - "Note: The CrystalSky includes one Intelligent Battery and a two-bay charging dock that requires a separately available charger. Chargers from the Inspire (1/2) and Phantom (3/4) will work. 57W Osmo and Phantom chargers don't supply enough power to charge both the batteries and other devices simultaneoulsy. The Mavic Pro charger is not compatible."

I am using a tablet holder I got on Etsy that allows you to see the controller display/face. It works well. I also use it with my Spark. Looks like DirtyJDesigns on Etsy also has a Crystalsky mount too. https://www.etsy.com/listing/473717...MIz8D8sOn31gIVBoGzCh0SiwfSEAQYBCABEgJMhPD_BwE

This is my Mavmount

97c68dc61e3b387c3a3155d652f033a3.jpg

Do you leave the CS plate on the mavmount all the time and then use thumbscrews to attach the screen?

Wonder if @Aerial West has any plans for a mavmount baseplate that accepts the standard quick-release DJI mount?
Hi the mount does not come with thumb screws it just comes with hex screws. I do think swapping these for thumb screws would be a good idea.

I am also trying out this 3D printed mount this week.

4477e33fe7c04ba38cbf009a5adec249.jpg

fdc940d3c1daf55ee7fe713180ea2a53.jpg

784eecfceff4f5e7d29b16bb28fdbbbb.jpg

134c91d9b0492cb8c1c38f6880f73853.jpg

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Do you leave the CS plate on the mavmount all the time and then use thumbscrews to attach the screen?

Wonder if @Aerial West has any plans for a mavmount baseplate that accepts the standard quick-release DJI mount?

Ive actually seen a picture of someone using a MavMount plate with the DJI mount. i don't know how they afixed it though. Seems unnecessary when DJI without the plate costs as much as an entire MavMount though.

I'll take that as a no then mate :)

but to be clear, i saw someone remove the ballhead, and put the dji mount on the mavmount plate, just as a proof of concept... so i think it already works if you wanted to do that?

This is the one I use, also bought their mount for the P3P & P4P. $49.99 USD, it allows to mount CS to the top front( so you can see display of controller) or to the rear.

but to be clear, i saw someone remove the ballhead, and put the dji mount on the mavmount plate, just as a proof of concept... so i think it already works if you wanted to do that?

Thanks, I already did that - pinged you in yesterday too :) Another modified MavMount for the CS Ultra

It's just not the most elegant of solutions - let us know if you come up with something, a few of us would be interested :cool:

Thanks, I already did that - pinged you in yesterday too :) Another modified MavMount for the CS Ultra

It's just not the most elegant of solutions - let us know if you come up with something, a few of us would be interested :cool:
oh, lol, got ya. How does it hold for you? Love the ingenuity. How is the spacing for your hands? I chose a higher ballhead to clear space for the hands, but this seems like for me (big hands) it might hit? Might need a platform to raise that up?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa