DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Soon to be newbie from Utah, cant decide between zoom or pro

Watching some recent YouTube reviews from Early adopters... some have reported that the novelty of the Zoom camera has worn off... and they just don’t use the feature all that much if ever.

Both the Mavic Pro and and even the Mavic Air use the same sized camera sensor. I’ve honestly never believed that the optical zoom camera or other modest performance improvements on the Zoom are worth the significant price difference in comparison with the Pro or the Air.

The same can’t be said about the higher camera specs of the Mavic 2 Pro. It definitely shines in comparison to all similarly priced drones in the market. The price is still a bit steep in my humble opinion, but it’s definitely worth considering as your personal circumstances and preferences may vary.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Any insight or recommendations between zoom or pro2 would be awesome
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! My preference is the M2P for photography and video, if you are going to be doing inspections the M2Z would suit you better. Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Thomas B
I'm also in Utah. Coming from a back ground in regular photography the camera on the Mavic 2 pro was a big part of my decision to go with the pro. A friend decided on the zoom because he felt uncomfortable flying close to what he wanted to photograph and uses the zoom feature. I'm glad I went with the pro when I see what I can do with the high quality raw files.

People bring up inspection's etc, but I'm thinking that it's really rare that you can't just fly up a little closer and you stay in focus the whole time

Reactions: BCMEDIC625
I have the MP2, I bought my employees the MPZ. I prefer the pro2 just for the camera quality. We are all shooting real estate, farmland, equipment, etc. so we are really not bothering people or animals as we film or capture pictures. If you are wanting the stealth or ability to stay away from the capture subjects go with the Zoom. Both great drones. Happy Flying.

It really depends on what you will be doing with the drone. I wanted and actually bought the Zoom but I didn't trust DJI's shipping times so I got it on Amazon. After a couple of long days and a few tears, both of DJI and Amazon didn't arrive (My fault), I got the pro instead. Get the Pro for the excellent almost near Phantom 4 quality and variable aperture and a much bigger sensor for better dynamic range and low light performance. Get the zoom if you aren't serious about camera quality and obviously want the Optical zoom feature along with some other exclusive features. Really depends on your taste.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa