DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sound gone missing from iOS device

Ozdriver

Reactions
I posted this in Editing and Technics but no joy so far.
Last week I was able to record sound in the DJI app. The “record sound” button is toggled “on” in the DJI app menu. Obviously the sound is recorded from my iPad, which I use rather than my iPhone. I do know it isn’t recorded to the Mavic SD card. When I look at the recorded video in the app from the cache the sound is there. So far so good.
Previously I could transfer the video with sound from the app to the iPad photoroll and the sound was still there. Now the sound has disappeared, and I think since the last firmware update. Same when I use the iPhone instead of the iPad. I need the sound for videos for my YouTube channel. I guess I could record sound from another device and synch in the editing program on my PC, but that’s a hassle.
Any ideas from tech gurus out there? Would be much appreciated.

So far, no reply to my thread. When I was able to record sound, I am pretty sure it was prior to the latest DJI firmware update. I had another go at trying a solution last night, but no luck. I’m wondering if there is a bug in the latest update, or if there is a fault in my iOS devices.
Could someone try recording a video with sound and download it to their photoroll and see what happens? It would be much appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun