DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

South Australia - MAS prop group purchase ?

MAvic_South_Oz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Well MAS are doing the usual holiday sale for their props for Easter.

Collections

15% - 20% off, and I would like another couple of sets for the M1P, and perhaps an extra spare set for the Spark.

If other South Aussie pilots would like some too, it'd be easy to do a bulk order for Adelaide collection, and can share one low flat rate US$17.99 for shipping.

An example . . .
My M1P Stealth props are on sale for US$21.54 for 2 pairs, with say a US$5 share of shipping (almost 3 sets of props) that's US$26.54.
This is about AU$35.60, DJI 8330 or 8331 props are rare now and priced accordingly . . . AU$30 a pair x 2 = $60, so even with a little credit card payment surcharge, they are still way cheaper.

A more modern drone like the Air 2 . . . US$22.07 for 4 props, + ship example $5 = US$27.07 / AU$36.33, while OEM are for 2 pair AU$38 (2 pair).

Credit card surcharge for foreign currency is a very minor %, think around 1.5%.

So less or about the same as OEM, with generally less noticeable noise or annoying pitch.

Maybe first an expression of interest here or by PM, we'll see if we can get some interest to order by the Monday, usually a sale goes until the end of the holiday period (Easter Monday is Tuesday here).

Last edited:
Reactions: mereflyer
Be careful of any trigger values for import duties.
I don't know how 'hot' Aussie Customs and excise are but I have fallen foul of that in the UK and then the carrier charges a fee for collecting the duty due .

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Be careful of any trigger values for import duties.
I don't know how 'hot' Aussie Customs and excise are but I have fallen foul of that in the UK and then the carrier charges a fee for collecting the duty due .

Cheers, you're right there too.

Things do slip by Aust Post sometimes ok, but yeah we used to have a limit of AU$1000, but now I think GST is open to all / any commercial goods (silly change though, I think it costs them more to collect small GST amounts than it brings in !).
I have had quite a few special orders come in from the States ok in recent past, and not get pinged, so I think it's sort of hit and miss.

Think it'll be a moderate order anyway, Adelaide is pretty small, and in the week or so available, probably won't get much of a visit from the locals here.
There are a few Adelaide pilots on here though.

Reactions: mereflyer
@mereflyer I received you message on my profile, sent you a PM (Conversation).
Not sure if you get a heads up on that, but thought I'd reply here too and tag you, to enable the best chance of you getting my reply.

Let me know colour preference for the M1P set you wanted, colours shown here . . .

DJI Mavic | STEALTH Upgrade Propellers

Black / White / Orange / Red / Yellow / Blue

If I don't hear from you in time, I'll order you a black set (4 props), they are slightly cheaper too.

One hiccup when prepping and checking cart with a test order.
The shipping doesn't come up at US$17.99, but $53.75, so not relevant to even a 4 prop set amount.

MAS_order_shipping.jpg

I've emailed them so will see what they come back with.

Wanted to get the order in today, because I'm going away early tomorrow (Monday) and not back until late Wednesday.
Will be in dicey mobile (cell) range where I'm headed.

Hopefully MAS will honour the discount once (if) shipping discrepancy can be cleared up.

I didn't process an order this time, but sorted out why the shipping in the cart was not as noted on the MAS website.
They say USPS has suspended the flat rate shipping to quite a few countries, Australia included, due to Covid (?).

Not sure what the issue is, we are into a better phase now and reducing so many restrictions / mandates we've had here for a bit over 2 years.

MAS aren't sure when this will be relaxed, but will update their website when it does change.

Their email reply . . .

-------------------------

Hi Les.
Thank you for contacting us.
Unfortunately the USPS (who provide the mail service for our flat rate shipping method of $17.99) have temporarily suspended international mail acceptance for certain destinations due to impacts related to the COVID-19 pandemic and Australia is one of them. You can read more here: USPS International Mail Service Suspensions
Until the suspensions are lifted the only shipping services we have at the moment are those of UPS and DHL which are way more costly.
You can also find most of our drone propellers in our company store on Amazon: Master Airscrew
Their shipping fees to Australia should be more reasonable.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Kind regards,
MAS team

Master Airscrew Team

MASTER AIRSCREW TEAM
Windsor Propeller LLC, part of UVIONIX

3219 Monier Circle, Rancho Cordova
California 95742, United States
phone: +1 916.631.8385
fax: +1 916.631.8386
web: www.masterairscrew.com
e-mail: [email protected]

-------------------------

The Amazon shipping was / is cheaper, but no special offer on the props there, so I thanked them for the follow up info, and let them know I will check back with them before the next US holiday (Memorial day end of May) to see if things have changed.

Anyone in South Oz keen before then (next 4 weeks), please post a reply here or by PM (Conversation).

At this stage we have an order to process for 4 sets of props, which equates to just AU$6.25 per set.
The more prop sets, the better that rate will drop, on top of the usual 15% - 20% holiday sale discount.

My order arrived today from MAS, it took longer to travel from Sydney to Katherine than it did to arrive from the States.
Regards

Ha, today I receive an MAS order, andake another !!
Couldn’t resist a special offer on some items Spark Stealth props at 50% off.
Ordered a few more for myself and another set for a Tassie SparkPilots forum member.

My order arrived today from MAS, it took longer to travel from Sydney to Katherine than it did to arrive from the States.
Regards

Mine were a few days sitting in customs awaiting clearance.

USPS sure likes update notifications, must have had 20 or more.

So what did you end up purchasing ?
Have you used MAS props previously ?

Ha, today I receive an MAS order, andake another !!
Couldn’t resist a special offer on some items Spark Stealth props at 50% off.
Ordered a few more for myself and another set for a Tassie SparkPilots forum member.

Mine were a few days sitting in customs awaiting clearance.

USPS sure likes update notifications, must have had 20 or more.

So what did you end up purchasing ?
Have you used MAS props previously ?
The only notifications that I received was that it had been delivered to auspost. Then a fortnight later it arrived. I have used them on my p4p, MPP and have now bought sets for the mini2. I was waiting for the freight price to normalise, as soon as they sent out the email I was on to it.
Regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato