DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro South Beach, Miami November 3021

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Miami is enjoying its beautiful winter weather, so I decided to take a trip to Miami Beach (about 25 minutes from my house) to shoot some drone video and stills, and timelapses. Also some views of the Miami Yacht Club and the I 395 causeway to the beach. Of course, everything starts out with one of those magical Miami sunrises over the bay.

As always, full screen for better enjoyment, and all commentary and questions welcomed.

Hey Dale...the scenes are great...the music is a really nice choice, but the editing is fabulous...very well done 🤙
Thanks Mark! This was an easy one- just one day of filming, and one day of editing. It's just so much darn fun. I don't know if I would be any happier with an M3. I did the entire filming in one day- starting with 5:30 AM wake-up for the sunrise, then over to the Beach for various locations. The entire process from 5:30 to arrival back home by 2:30 9 hours, and editing the nest day from about 9AM to 4PM. So 16 hours total for this 3 minutes!

Dale

Reactions: rwarrior
Hey Dale, very enjoyable video, thanks for sharing. Great location, and I really liked the sunrise timelapse.. gonna have to try this myself soon!!
Just a constructive note in case you missed it - after your closing credits around 2.34, the video carries on till 3.15 with no video but just a black screen and music ...
Cheers, mate

Hey Dale, very enjoyable video, thanks for sharing. Great location, and I really liked the sunrise timelapse.. gonna have to try this myself soon!!
Just a constructive note in case you missed it - after your closing credits around 2.34, the video carries on till 3.15 with no video but just a black screen and music ...
Cheers, mate
Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the compliments.

I know all about the scrolling title taking up time at the end. The problem is, if I drag the time line to the right, you will be able to see the scroll go by slowly but if I drag the time line to the left, it goes by so fast it is unreadable. If anybody has a solution to this, I'd love to know how to fix it.

The sunrise timelapse is easy once you know how to do it-naturally. If you want a lesson, it's ok to contact me on a private conversation. It requires a sturdy tripod, a camera with an intervalometer. and timelapse software.

Dale

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the compliments.

I know all about the scrolling title taking up time at the end. The problem is, if I drag the time line to the right, you will be able to see the scroll go by slowly but if I drag the time line to the left, it goes by so fast it is unreadable. If anybody has a solution to this, I'd love to know how to fix it.

The sunrise timelapse is easy once you know how to do it-naturally. If you want a lesson, it's ok to contact me on a private conversation. It requires a sturdy tripod, a camera with an intervalometer. and timelapse software.

Dale
Very nice video and timelapses.

I think the issue with the black screen is caused by the song length. The song needs to be trimmed to match the length of the video. If the song is longer than the video it will export a file with the whole song and a blank screen.

If I trim the song the scroll will be fast or impossible to read

Dale, I would cut out the second sunrise clip, the tele version is much more powerful and it is a bit illogical to see it again. I found the still photos that follow many of the drone shots redundant so I would cut those also along with the pano with black bars. Not sure what you mean about shortening the music will make your text at the end go too fast. I see you use Premier Pro, I use Elements and can easily trim music without changing the video. Do you have them linked somehow that you can unlink? I also wonder how important it is the have all those credits, not sure many people stick through to read your equipment list, which you could just put in the Vimeo description if you think it important.

Miami is enjoying its beautiful winter weather, so I decided to take a trip to Miami Beach (about 25 minutes from my house) to shoot some drone video and stills, and timelapses. Also some views of the Miami Yacht Club and the I 395 causeway to the beach. Of course, everything starts out with one of those magical Miami sunrises over the bay.

As always, full screen for better enjoyment, and all commentary and questions welcomed.

I live in Broward but I'm always down in Miami you should try flying over the downtown area of Miami. And the good news is if you have a 107 you can fly above the high-rises without any issues especially the Paramount which is almost 900 ft in height and that if you want to add an additional 400 to those 900 that's a nice

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Dale, I would cut out the second sunrise clip, the tele version is much more powerful and it is a bit illogical to see it again. I found the still photos that follow many of the drone shots redundant so I would cut those also along with the pano with black bars. Not sure what you mean about shortening the music will make your text at the end go too fast. I see you use Premier Pro, I use Elements and can easily trim music without changing the video. Do you have them linked somehow that you can unlink? I also wonder how important it is the have all those credits, not sure many people stick through to read your equipment list, which you could just put in the Vimeo description if you think it important.
Jim:

You are actually 100% right on every tip. To be sure, I actually had considered each and everything you mentioned.

I considered doing only the telescopic (max zoom of my lens to 300mm)version only but I set up two shots (camera and tripods) , one wide and one tele and instead of selecting just the tele version, I also decided to include the 28mm version for the foreground rocks to give some perspective. It is a bit redundant as you noted.

The pano with the black bars- also a decision for me. There was no other way to give the viewer the wide view but with the black bars it does degrade the video.

My biggest need for understanding is the scrolling credits. If I make the scroll the length of one of the slides (e.g.: 3 or 4 seconds for example) then the school will zip by so fast it will be unreadable. Sure, I could trim the music to end when the last slide ends, but that will only leave the scroll on for 3-4 seconds. They are already unconnected-e.g.: not linked.

I am using a free scroll by Orange 83, now Storysium. If you Google rolling credits on Premiere Pro there are a ton of videos. I'll try some other method.

Viewers on this forum frequently want to know the gear and software so I try to incorporate it in the film. I could just as easily put it in the Vimeo description.

Thanks again for your very positive critiques.

Dale
Miami

Says the video doe not exist. Being it's from 1,000 years in the future, Nov 3031, I guess not.

Says the video doe not exist. Being it's from 1,000 years in the future, Nov 3031, I guess not.
You are correct. The video was taken down after some comments from the forum about the editing of the final music.I took it down, and I re-edited it, and uploaded again to Vimeo. The gave it a different number so here it is. Sorry for the confusion. It is 2:42 minutes. Please view in full screen. Please comment.

Here is the commentary:

Miami is enjoying its beautiful winter weather, so I decided to take a trip to Miami Beach to shoot some drone video and stills, and timelapses. Also some views of the Miami Yacht Club and the I 395 causeway to the beach. Photography, photo and video editing by Dale Davis Gear Nikon D750 Body with 28-300mm lens f/3.5-5.6 Really Right Stuff Tripod Mavic 2 Pro drone Adobe Photoshop 2022 Adobe Lightroom Adobe Premiere Pro video editing LRT|Lightroom5 for Timelapse software

Dale, I wasn't able to view your video as it's apparently offline but thought I'd offer my two cents about the scrolling titles issue that you mentioned. I believe the newer versions of Premier provide for an old text type to be created that allowed the user to apply a "rolling" or "crawling" movement to the text that you type in. The neat thing was that you could time the first appearance and last appearance of the "moving" title with the length of another clip (e.g. a still or video clip in an adjacent video track). The Premier nomenclature is a title that moves "vertically", usually from bottom to top is called a "rolling" title. Titles that appear from left and move to the right or vice-versa are referred to as "crawls". I believe that the latest versions of Premier allow for "legacy titles" to be created under File/New/Legacy File. You'd place this "text file" in a video track above one or more other "clips" that would be played during your moving credits/text. There are newer moving text options within Premier as they're phasing out the old method but I'm still an old die heart that uses what I know works. I should probably up my game though! Good luck!

Dale, I wasn't able to view your video as it's apparently offline but thought I'd offer my two cents about the scrolling titles issue that you mentioned. I believe the newer versions of Premier provide for an old text type to be created that allowed the user to apply a "rolling" or "crawling" movement to the text that you type in. The neat thing was that you could time the first appearance and last appearance of the "moving" title with the length of another clip (e.g. a still or video clip in an adjacent video track). The Premier nomenclature is a title that moves "vertically", usually from bottom to top is called a "rolling" title. Titles that appear from left and move to the right or vice-versa are referred to as "crawls". I believe that the latest versions of Premier allow for "legacy titles" to be created under File/New/Legacy File. You'd place this "text file" in a video track above one or more other "clips" that would be played during your moving credits/text. There are newer moving text options within Premier as they're phasing out the old method but I'm still an old die heart that uses what I know works. I should probably up my game though! Good luck!
I'm sorry you were not able to view the video. It was because of the music issue. I re-edited it and took down the old one and posted the new one without the long music at the end credits. I have since discovered the new Premiere has a scroll whose box I can check off, and I can start it as you said, before the end of the show to superimpose on the images. Here is the new edition. Version 2

Here are the comments on the new edition:
Miami is enjoying its beautiful winter weather, so I decided to take a trip to Miami Beach to shoot some drone video and stills, and timelapses. Also some views of the Miami Yacht Club and the I 395 causeway to the beach.

Photography, photo and video editing by Dale Davis.
Gear
Nikon D750 Body with 28-300mm lens f/3.5-5.6 Really Right Stuff Tripod Mavic 2 Pro drone Adobe Photoshop 2022 Adobe Lightroom Adobe Premiere Pro video editing LRT|Lightroom5 for Timelapse software.

Dale, very nice indeed and what a spectacular setting! I'll make just a couple of comments and you can take them or leave them. Given the beautiful scenery, I'd stick with video clips for most of the content and leave the stills perhaps to the end in a 3-5 second per still "slide show" where then you'd have your rolling credits and equipment/software list go by at a leisurely enough rate so it could be read and still allow the viewer to see some of your beautiful stills. In my opinion there were a couple of transitions between two clips that were a bit jarring and could be cleaned up. But all in all I think it was well done and having never been to Miami other than the airport, it gave me a better feel of the city. All the best.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54