DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro South Beach,Miami, Valentine's Day Feb 14,2021

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
This is a 3:39 minute video featuring timelapse photography, drone photography, and other medium of scenes from Valentine's Day Sunrise on the south end of Miami Beach, Florida (South Beach). We are enjoying our "Winter" now. Day time 85 F (29C) to night time 60F (20.55). As always, comments welcomed.

This is a 3:39 minute video featuring timelapse photography, drone photography, and other medium of scenes from Valentine's Day Sunrise on the south end of Miami Beach, Florida (South Beach). We are enjoying our "Winter" now. Day time 85 F (29C) to night time 60F (20.55). As always, comments welcomed.
Nice video

Reactions: eaglesurfing
Interesting shots and combination. Thanks for sharing
Regards

Interesting shots and combination. Thanks for sharing
Regards
Thank you.

My style is a multi-media approach. Thus, I try to capture the "feel" of an area with drone video, drone stills, timelapse video, regular video using various video cameras such as Osmo Pocket, Osmo Action, and Osmo Mobile gimbal/iPhone. I try to mix them a little to gain a fresh viewing experience.

Nicely done... I miss Miami when I watch your vdo

Hi Dale,
that looks fantastic ? Not much people on the beach! Maybe 29C was too cold ? Here 29c we call a heathwave ?
cheers Paul

Hi Dale,
i really enjoy watching your videos around Miami as they are a real
pick me up in these .... times. As i mentioned in your last post we
have holidayed in Florida many times down the years and look forward
to returning when things have settled. Great film again Dale...thank you.

Very nice video.
We cannot wait to move to Florida.
We are hoping some time this year.

Hi Dale,
that looks fantastic ? Not much people on the beach! Maybe 29C was too cold ? Here 29c we call a heathwave ?
cheers Paul
It was a Sunday morning.(no traffic). I awoke at 4:30 AM to get there before sun-up (7 AM) and set up the timelapse. Always a guessing game as to where the sun will actually rise! iPhone compass "East" is no help. Contrary to popular thinking, the sun does not rise straight up but moves laterally! Despite studying the weather forecast, I can never predict if there will be clouds on the horizon to block the sunrise. Sometimes, I can still get a great sunrise with colorful clouds turning red, orange, etc.

Last edited:
Very nice video.
We cannot wait to move to Florida.
We are hoping some time this year.
You had better hurry. Florida real estate market is booming. People are fleeing northern governors and mayors who shut them down. Our governor was the only intelligent one who treated us like adults. Inside dining, open schools and parks, etc. Of course this has nothing to do with drones.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Outstanding video Dale. I'll be flying down tomorrow and cant wait to fly the Florida skies.

Nice job Dale! Love the mix of shots and epic sunrise End with the still, wow! I would recommend trying different shutter speeds with your time lapses, longer, to see the blur effect.

Very enjoyable to watch and listen to. Thanks for sharing. Temperatures where I live are moderate compared to middle and East America but it still dips below freezing each night and there is lots of snow on the mountains.

Dr. Davis, Great combination of Timelapse and drone footage. I lived on Miami Beach from 1951 to 1958 then back to Miami after a stint in the Army. Graduated from MBHS and am now still in touch with many of my classmates. There are MANY changes. I also liked your Key Largo video. I sailed a small sailboat to Key largo and had my (then) wife drive down with the trailer (on the original "overseas highway.")
Do you live on Miami Beach or in Miami now? Where.

Outstanding video Dale. I'll be flying down tomorrow and cant wait to fly the Florida skies.
what part of Florida or Miami are you heading? I might be able to offer some flying sites.
Dr. Davis, Great combination of Timelapse and drone footage. I lived on Miami Beach from 1951 to 1958 then back to Miami after a stint in the Army. Graduated from MBHS and am now still in touch with many of my classmates. There are MANY changes. I also liked your Key Largo video. I sailed a small sailboat to Key largo and had my (then) wife drive down with the trailer (on the original "overseas highway.")
Do you live on Miami Beach or in Miami now? Where.
Coral Gables. I will be writing to you off the forum as a private conversation.

Nice job Dale! Love the mix of shots and epic sunrise End with the still, wow! I would recommend trying different shutter speeds with your time lapses, longer, to see the blur effect.
Thanks a lot. Coming from you, I feel well complimented. I vary the shutter speed for timelapse. Usually using 4-5 or 6 seconds intervals for moving clouds. For the sunrise and sunset I think it was 10 second interval or 6 frames a minute. Shutter is f/8 and ISO is 100. For the star trails it was 15 or 20 seconds or 3 frames a minute (ISO 1600, f/2.8), using Nikon 14-14mm f/1.4 lens. .

Reactions: Carb63
Hi Dale,
i really enjoy watching your videos around Miami as they are a real
pick me up in these .... times. As i mentioned in your last post we
have holidayed in Florida many times down the years and look forward
to returning when things have settled. Great film again Dale...thank you.
Gary! Thanks you very much. Sure wish you could enjoy it here.Hopefully, when the pandemic eases down you can hop a flight Heathrow to Miami. Tons of places to fly here.

what part of Florida or Miami are you heading? I might be able to offer some flying sites.

Coral Gables. I will be writing to you off the forum as a private conversation.
I'll look forward to it. Do you have my EMail address?

I'll look forward to it. Do you have my EMail address?
Here are two files. I cannot guarantee access. use the usual rules and flying precautions, of course.

Drone Flying Locations Miami Are- Dale Davis

Here are two files. I cannot guarantee access. use the usual rules and flying precautions, of course.

(1) On the middle map, Brickell Key is a bit touchy. Most all of the island is private, but there are fantastic views of downtown and Brickell. Bayfront Park is great for any time of the day. Look at my Vimeo videos for example. I went there to get both sunset and evening shots. The cruise port is very strict. Don't waste your time. Maurice Ferre Park in Downtown is also great for late afternoon shooting. There are great river views along the Miami River. (see my Vimeo video). Eat lunch at Garcia's or Casablanca.

(2) 2nd Map

Crandon Park-(Key Biscayne) Requires SunPass or toll by Plate. Stay in the right lane after toll booth and exit before the bridge. Go under the bridge and park under the bridge. Great views of downtown. No problem with drones at all. they are getting very strict. Lighthouse is now disallowed for drones. Nice length of beaches there along the ocean.

After Crandon, go to Virginia Key. Very isolated. Good views of ocean and causeway.Free parking everywhere.

(3) The best- South Point Park -see map. Take I-395 causeway to Miami Beach. Keep to the right at the end and exit to the right going south (Alton Road South). Go all the way to the end where Joe's Stone Crab is. Parking is difficult. Please install both of these parking apps. For the mainland- Pay by Phone, for Miami Beach-Park Mobile. They will be of tremendous help. Best parking is early AM before the beaches fill up. Great views of Cruise ships, South Beach (fly over water), downtown. Park with Park Mobile app.

(4) Miami River map (see my video on Vimeo). Lummus Park- city park. ok to fly. Great views of downtown, river life, boaters, large cargo ships, working port. Local seafood restaurants good and not too expensive- Garcia's. Parking easy along the curb using the Pay by Phone app.

South PointPark.jpg
Miami-Drone flying sites Miami-2.jpgMiami-Drone shooting spots-1.jpgLummus Park.jpg

Reactions: Carb63
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute