DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Southern Alberta September Snowstorm

In an old TV series that I enjoyed watching called ‘Northern Exposure’, set in Alaska, the season’s first snowfall was met with an almost celebratory greeting amongst the town’s people of ‘Boney Bear’. This is presumably due to hibernation I’m guessing...

So, I wish you Boney Bear ;)

Nice Pic...

Ouch, I don't want to think about that four letter word yet.

Nice pic !!

Nice pics, thanks for posting. I grew up in Lethbridge and my brother from there was the one who got me into drones. Gorgeous country, amazing people. I'm done with the winters there though; I've been in California and Texas most of my life since then.

Enjoy, fly safe and smart.

In an old TV series that I enjoyed watching called ‘Northern Exposure’, set in Alaska, the season’s first snowfall was met with an almost celebratory greeting amongst the town’s people of ‘Boney Bear’. This is presumably due to hibernation I’m guessing...

So, I wish you Boney Bear ;)
Are you sure they weren’t saying “bon hiver” (French for good winter)?

Reactions: Twocalf
Ho-ho-hoooo!!!! :)

Are you sure they weren’t saying “bon hiver” (French for good winter)?
You know, this caused me to do a bit of research. Northern Exposure had almost a cult following, and still to this day, there are blogs and websites, and there is endless discourse regarding every little detail of the show, and you are right, they were all wishing each other "Bon Hiver".

But it really sounds like Boney Bear, and it's funny how I made this work in my mind all these years. Alaska, bears, winter, hibernation, and how thin and 'boney' a bear can be in the spring.

And actually, now that I think about it, the more boney the bear is in the spring, probably, the more lengthy and intense winter was, so to wish someone 'boney bear' is actually wishing them a long and very intense winter..

So good catch, I stand corrected.. OP, if you are still listening, I wish you Bon Hiver, and the images posted above are both awesome. You live in what I consider to be a beautiful spot.

Reactions: CYQL Flyr
I watched the show religiously but don’t remember hearing the phrase, whatever it was, so this is all speculation on my part. It occurs to me now that “bony bear” could have been a corruption of “bon hiver”, in which case the OP and I were both right.

I do miss that show, that much is for sure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair