DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Southsea Castle & Surrounding Beach With Spinnaker Tower In Distance

hi @Irvine if i was being really honest while there was nothing wrong with the actual video, for me the transitions were just to fast to really appreciate what i was looking at but keep up the good work

Reactions: W2EJ and Thomas B
hi @Irvine if i was being really honest while there was nothing wrong with the actual video, for me the transitions were just to fast to really appreciate what i was looking at but keep up the good work
Thank you for your advice the original was over 5 minutes long but I couldn’t do it as it said it was over 500mb was a pity as it looked really good. I’ve got no idea on using video software just had to use the DJI stuff

Is video plus software any good any help would be appreciated. Regards Irvine

i do not do any editing of my vids so i am not the person to ask ,but there are many experts on the forum who can advise you ,its nice to see another youngster like me enjoying the hobby good luck in your flying adventures,yours OMM

Thank you for your advice the original was over 5 minutes long but I couldn’t do it as it said it was over 500mb was a pity as it looked really good. I’ve got no idea on using video software just had to use the DJI stuff

There are a lot of videos over 10 minutes in length on YouTube. I don’t use SkyPixel and so I’m not completely familiar with it, and I don’t watch vids over 5 minutes usually.
So maybe try YouTube which lets you post a preview pic as the link and plays within the forum page.

Reactions: old man mavic
Looks Ok to me.
Heaps of video editing software out their free and paid.....

Thank you again I am still a novice and being a young 73 smiles I still need advice.

One question is it any good doing videos in 720 and in what resolution. Just want to take longer videos and not to be told format too big. Cheers Irvine

Reactions: warpfactor55
Hello Irvine, hey, we're the same age LOL. I am about to buy a Mavic Pro 2 I think (been thinking about it for 12 months now but it all seems a bit daunting to me) I am reasonably conversant with Windows, IT, etc. but it seems as if these DJI drones are so comprehensive in terms of what you can do with them that if I tell the truth I feel a bit overwhelmed !

But I do enjoy editing video (& photos.) I edit photos. using PSE (Photoshop Elements) and that was free and is almost an industry standard. For video editing I use Cyberlink Power Director which I bought but there are so many useful features in my package besides the actual video editing. Being able to record what is on your screen is very useful. i.e. I could watch your video and record it at the same time,and then put it in the editor and play with it. One thing, if I may make a suggestion, is to make smoother transitions. This has been mentioned before but I think the poster meant that the clips were a bit too short. The transition is when the video moves from one clip to another and I like to phase them in gently rather than BANG - straight into the next shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
Hello Irvine, hey, we're the same age LOL. I am about to buy a Mavic Pro 2 I think (been thinking about it for 12 months now but it all seems a bit daunting to me) I am reasonably conversant with Windows, IT, etc. but it seems as if these DJI drones are so comprehensive in terms of what you can do with them that if I tell the truth I feel a bit overwhelmed !

But I do enjoy editing video (& photos.) I edit photos. using PSE (Photoshop Elements) and that was free and is almost an industry standard. For video editing I use Cyberlink Power Director which I bought but there are so many useful features in my package besides the actual video editing. Being able to record what is on your screen is very useful. i.e. I could watch your video and record it at the same time,and then put it in the editor and play with it. One thing, if I may make a suggestion, is to make smoother transitions. This has been mentioned before but I think the poster meant that the clips were a bit too short. The transition is when the video moves from one clip to another and I like to phase them in gently rather than BANG - straight into the next shot.

If you gave me your permission I could make a recording of your video and show you what I mean.
yes that was exactly what i meant in my comment they were so quick that you almost did not have time to take in what you were looking at

yes that was exactly what i meant in my comment they were so quick that you almost did not have time to take in what you were looking at
I wasn't meaning to criticise your post in any way and I do agree with you. I am no expert but I feel that you must give viewers time to take in one clip before you move on to the next.

i was just letting you know that your comments were correct ,i did not think for one minute that you were criticising my post,and when i made them in my original post in this thread ,they were not meant to be a criticism to Irvine, he asked for an opinion on his video and i gave mine which is what i felt after watching it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett