DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spain, Land of Castles and Forts

eutx9795

Reactions
From Phoenician temples, battles between Celtiberians and Romans, Muslims and Christians, attacks by pirates and the struggle for power between the nobility and the monarchy, have made Spain a country of fortresses. In total, it is believed that there are some 20,000, although not all have managed to remain in perfect condition and many have disappeared. There are associations that have about 10,200 inventories.

Most of the Spanish castles are concentrated in Castile, hence the name; Catalonia, Aragon and Jaen. Their extensive fields are dotted with towers built on high ground that is difficult to access, from where they control the territory.

Far from the roads, with their vigilant keep at the top of the mountain, they seem to continue defending themselves from the passing of time, which has taken its toll on many of them. From castles of Celtiberian origin such as Pedraza, one of the oldest in Europe. The Romans, Visigoths, Arabs and Christians have left their mark there. It was also the residence of the Fernández de Velasco family, the highest authority of the armies of Castile. Even medieval castles, erected as the Reconquest advanced and designed to shelter the population within its wide walls; Renaissance, Baroque; fortified towers built in front of the sea to prevent attacks by the Berbers, or already in the 16th and 17th centuries by the most fearsome pirates who ravaged the coasts.

Video collection with almost all the castles I have shot in Spain, recorded until March 2020

What a firework of historic architecture... Unreal. Thank you, I liked it very much.

Tkanks for let me know you have liked it!!

Reactions: Dedal
From Phoenician temples, battles between Celtiberians and Romans, Muslims and Christians, attacks by pirates and the struggle for power between the nobility and the monarchy, have made Spain a country of fortresses. In total, it is believed that there are some 20,000, although not all have managed to remain in perfect condition and many have disappeared. There are associations that have about 10,200 inventories.

Most of the Spanish castles are concentrated in Castile, hence the name; Catalonia, Aragon and Jaen. Their extensive fields are dotted with towers built on high ground that is difficult to access, from where they control the territory.

Far from the roads, with their vigilant keep at the top of the mountain, they seem to continue defending themselves from the passing of time, which has taken its toll on many of them. From castles of Celtiberian origin such as Pedraza, one of the oldest in Europe. The Romans, Visigoths, Arabs and Christians have left their mark there. It was also the residence of the Fernández de Velasco family, the highest authority of the armies of Castile. Even medieval castles, erected as the Reconquest advanced and designed to shelter the population within its wide walls; Renaissance, Baroque; fortified towers built in front of the sea to prevent attacks by the Berbers, or already in the 16th and 17th centuries by the most fearsome pirates who ravaged the coasts.

Video collection with almost all the castles I have shot in Spain, recorded until March 2020

Outstanding work , and your camera settings looked like they were spot on

Reactions: eutx9795
Outstanding work , and your camera settings looked like they were spot on
Thanks!! I always have the camera on manual settings and I adjust them before shot each scene

By the way, which castle did you like more?

If you ask me, those two: 1:07, 1:12. Still, all of them give me that warm, "something about them" feeling when I look at them.

Thanks!! I always have the camera on manual settings and I adjust them before shot each scene

By the way, which castle did you like more?
I’m not sure I even have a favorite I love them all I am blown away by the image quality and the shooting I can tell it is not your first barbecue I wish I knew that much about Videography

Great video. Your verbal introduction set the tone and created a desire to see the castles. The actual photography was up to expectations. Well done. Spain is a wonderful country and culture. You captured much of it.

If you ask me, those two: 1:07, 1:12. Still, all of them give me that warm, "something about them" feeling when I look at them.
You have chosen the one that is best preserved / restored. It's called Belmonte Castle. It is a very beautiful one with a lot of history. If you want to see more of the castle, I have a video on my channel

My favorite one is Calatrava Castle (the one on the first speed ramp and next 3 scenes) its ruined what is a pity

You have chosen the one that is best preserved / restored. It's called Belmonte Castle. It is a very beautiful one with a lot of history. If you want to see more of the castle, I have a video on my channel

My favorite one is Calatrava Castle (the one on the first speed ramp and next 3 scenes) its ruined what is a pity
Thanks for clarifying that. I was choosing purely from what I'm thinking about when I hear word "Castle". Doesn't make any of them less interesting, on the contrary, they all have charm of they own, even the ruined ones, especially them...

I’m not sure I even have a favorite I love them all I am blown away by the image quality and the shooting I can tell it is not your first barbecue I wish I knew that much about Videography
No, it's not my first barbecue but many times I have burned the flesh.

I have learnt many things watching what others do on his /her videos, observing what I like, what I don't, where there're issues,.... Also, on a Facebook Group called "Drone Video Reviews"

Absolutely awesome work. Loved it. Your flying and edits are top shelf..

eutx9795 that was impressive! Thank you for the time you put into this production. It must have involved much travel. Truly beautiful and I enjoyed the ride. If only those walls could talk.
Thank you and stay safe, from the home of the "shrimp on the barbie"...Down Under.

Great video. Your verbal introduction set the tone and created a desire to see the castles. The actual photography was up to expectations. Well done. Spain is a wonderful country and culture. You captured much of it.
I think is important to put in context what is the video about, if not, it's just a mix of images put together.

About Spain, yes I'm lucky to live here in a country with such history and remnants of the past.

Thanks!!

Thanks for clarifying that. I was choosing purely from what I'm thinking about when I hear word "Castle". Doesn't make any of them less interesting, on the contrary, they all have charm of they own, even the ruined ones, especially them...
You're welcome!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent