DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spain Road Trip

eutx9795

Reactions

I have edited the footage but I haven´t shot it

What do you think about it on terms of music, workflow and color grade? Do you like the overall result?

Thanks in adavanced

Reminds me if the footage when watching the Tour de Espana.
It could be as it was shot from the north of the country, going until south by the west. Perhaps you have watched some of that places on the Cycling Tour of Spain

Great job. Location location location as they say but this video was up there with the subject and that's not always true. I liked the music but, once again, I thought this video was so good it didn't need to be punched up that much. I'm sure not everyone will agree with that last point.ThumbswayupThumbswayup!

Reactions: eutx9795
Great job. Location location location as they say but this video was up there with the subject and that's not always true. I liked the music but, once again, I thought this video was so good it didn't need to be punched up that much. I'm sure not everyone will agree with that last point.ThumbswayupThumbswayup!
I don't understand some of your comments but thanks!!

I'm thinking the location remark is confusing..They say it about real estate and how important it is..I meant to say that I liked your editing skill a lot!

I'm thinking the location remark is confusing..They say it about real estate and how important it is..I meant to say that I liked your editing skill a lot!
All the footage was shot by a friend during his summer holidays in Spain. He was visiting cities on a road trip so that's why I still don't understand your comment.

There are too much different locations on the video to mention all in the title but I will try to locate all of them and add to its description

About your previous comment about the music /song, I'm partially agree, I was lazy when choosing

Thanks for your comment about my editing skills!!

To be fair, I watched it with the sound off just for the visuals. I love the color grading, and the flow between scenes. There are a couple shots that to me, seem a little on the underexposed side but mostly very good footage and excellent color grading. When I say a little on the underexposed side, I mean very little, just a touch on the highlights mostly. I do the same thing at times for the color saturation though. Well done!

To be fair, I watched it with the sound off just for the visuals. I love the color grading, and the flow between scenes. There are a couple shots that to me, seem a little on the underexposed side but mostly very good footage and excellent color grading. When I say a little on the underexposed side, I mean very little, just a touch on the highlights mostly. I do the same thing at times for the color saturation though. Well done!
Please, can you tell me the timing of the 2 clips underexposed?

Thanks for your time to watch and review!!

Please, can you tell me the timing of the 2 clips underexposed?

Thanks for your time to watch and review!!
Just a little dull in the whites of the houses at :13 and 1:53, and it's by no means wrong, it's just my preference and I realize sometimes some areas need to be sacrificed for what you are trying to achieve. I really think you did an awesome job at color grading.

I, too, watched with sound off (early morning, wife sleeping) and my critique would be- some shots were too brief. They were only 1.5-2.0 seconds long. This would work good in a commercial where you only have :28 secs to sell something. If that's what you are attempting then you've hit the mark.
For me, and most particularly in landscape/travelogue, I feel the mind/eye needs more time to take in all the beauty in the shot. But, that's me and I love to shoot landscape...

I, too, watched with sound off (early morning, wife sleeping) and my critique would be- some shots were too brief. They were only 1.5-2.0 seconds long. This would work good in a commercial where you only have :28 secs to sell something. If that's what you are attempting then you've hit the mark.
For me, and most particularly in landscape/travelogue, I feel the mind/eye needs more time to take in all the beauty in the shot. But, that's me and I love to shoot landscape...
It's very difficult to make a video for everybody's taste : if clips are long, some people get bored; if clips are short, some people want to have more time to watch it

It's not a commercial, it's just a video for my YouTube channel

Thank very much for your time to watch and review it

Final video published with some color grade changes and replaced one scene

Thanks to everybody!!

Even if you already published it:
Watched it with sound off, I like the color grading. Often I see some stuttering when panning or circling. I suppose the input was filmed with 30 or 60 fps, but the video seems to be 24 fps. Produce it in 30 or 60 fps to fix the stutter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121