DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark controller

buzzy_peeper

Reactions
Hey guys - Although I have mixed feelings about the Spark as a drone, I am curious to see if you can use the mavic controller for Spark. The Spark controller appears to be a dumbed down Mavic controller, at least visually.

Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks

Reactions: 4wd
Hey guys - Although I have mixed feelings about the Spark as a drone, I am curious to see if you can use the mavic controller for Spark. The Spark controller appears to be a dumbed down Mavic controller, at least visually.

Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks

From another thread on this forum:

Q:
Is the DJI Mavic Pro remote controller compatible with the DJI Spark?
A: Tahoe Ed confirmed it's not compatible here.

Reactions: buzzy_peeper
I was wondering the exact same thing. Because of the natural history of these devices (people crash drones but not remotes), over time there are going to be more Mavic Pro controllers out there than there are Mavic drones. It would have been a stroke of DJI genius to make the Mavic controllers compatible with the Spark (and perhaps something that could be achieved through a software update in the future). If I crash/lose my thousand dollar drone, I might not replace it, but I might be willing to pay 499 for a smaller drone that would utilize the controller that is just sitting in my drawer.

Reactions: Jurek
Trying to update the firmware on the DJI spark controller after downloading, when I click "start to update" it won't do, I get "UPDATE LOG,you are in compatibility update or lacking update log" do you know what that's mean? (I work with a Samsung galaxy s5)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60