DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark Discussions Moved to SparkPilots.com

We figured this will likely be a hot topic the coming weeks so we created this separate discussion area for the Spark. This area may not be around forever so enjoy it while it lasts!

Hope we get many new members to join. Also hoping some existing members will take a chance on the new Spark. I will add a bunch of them to my collection as soon as they are officially announced and available.

Reactions: clackey
Why do they want it in different colors? Decals will be available as soon as possible and will have a wider range of designs to choose from.

The intended audience for that thing wants some cool looks but wouldn't spend a minute doing it themselves.

Since they will probably go fast thought I would start the listing so we can see where we stand in the shipping order.
I just ordered a white combo. My order time is 2017-05-24 15:51:36 (UTC). If we all post the times we might get a better idea of how many they are going to release and how long it takes to empty out the store.
I am sure another thread will be started when shipping info starts as it gets close to the June 15th "scheduled release".

Order Time: 2017-05-24 15:59:19 (UTC)

white combo as well....I wanted a few batteries and the controller...tried to order a few more batteries, but they're not selling them yet?

Reactions: Cyborgkiller1967
White Fly More ordered - Order Time: 2017-05-24 17:20:11 (UTC)

Why do they want it in different colors? Decals will be available as soon as possible and will have a wider range of designs to choose from.

It is a selfie drone so it's like buying a case in a particular color for your phone. DJI will no doubt sell the plastic top in many additional colors in the future (other than the existing launch colors).

Order Time: 2017-05-24 15:59:19 (UTC)

white combo as well....I wanted a few batteries and the controller...tried to order a few more batteries, but they're not selling them yet?

My guess is the FLY MORE COMBO initially came with 3 batteries, but do to the battery shortage issue at the launch of the Mavic, it appears they scaled it back to two batteries. The included charging hub is designed for 3 batteries.

Reactions: Richard in Ky
Yup, had to get one myself. Order as soon as the demo began.

2017-05-24 16:00:24 (UTC)

Fly More Combo in Green (gonna lose that in the grass for sure).

Reactions: EsiMavic
New member!!:) Greetings.
Also ordered white fly more combo ORDER TIME: 2017-05-24 16:07:36 (UTC)
Apparently I suffer from F.O.M.O. As I had no intentions or desire to purchase this leading up to today.

Reactions: jwinder and Nikon1
Ordered a blue one, but was wondering if the tops will be interchangeable? I may want a white one as well.. Does anyone know if they will sell just the tops? And will they just pop on / off?
Order Time:2017-05-25 19:26:53 (UTC)

New member!!:) Greetings.
Also ordered white fly more combo ORDER TIME: 2017-05-24 16:07:36 (UTC)
Apparently I suffer from F.O.M.O. As I had no intentions or desire to purchase this leading up to today.

I did the EXACT same. No intentions when I woke up this morning.. Saw that they were out.. looked, and pressed the order button.... LOL

Ordered a blue one, but was wondering if the tops will be interchangeable? I may want a white one as well.. Does anyone know if they will sell just the tops? And will they just pop on / off?
Order Time:2017-05-25 19:26:53 (UTC)

I was wondering the same thing, which would be smart to be interchangeable. But I ended up with white figuring its the basic color and skin wraps are going to be easy and cheap for this drone.

I did the EXACT same. No intentions when I woke up this morning.. Saw that they were out.. looked, and pressed the order button.... LOL

Yea I woke, grabbed my phone, opened youtube, seen recommended vid on the spark, looked for more, went to DJI.COM, click, click click.......paused went back to watch another vid (Casey and MKBHD) and pulled the trigger! . Ive only had my Mavic for about a month now, but the spark seems to do what I initially bought the mavic for, which is portability... which for the most part, I have taken it everywhere but where this thing is going to shine is when I pull it out with no controller take a quick pic or vid and put it away and move on. For my long range stuff or beautiful landscapes i'll bust out the Mav. I go on vacation on the 12th of June would be great if they do some early shipments!!Thumbswayup

Direct from DJI, used my credits with them, 2017-05-25 13:58:58 (UTC. White combo. ADD the copper sheet tape from Amazon and ill flying will continue uninhibited by the governing bodies. Lol

My guess is the FLY MORE COMBO initially came with 3 batteries, but do to the battery shortage issue at the launch of the Mavic, it appears they scaled it back to two batteries. The included charging hub is designed for 3 batteries.
I thought this as well - but my email confirmation (ordered 2017-05-24 15:55:19 (UTC)) seems to show only the same two batteries in the order image, as the current FM combo shows online.

Does anyone have any definitive proof that the Spark FM combo was initially advertised as only two (total) batteries? Seems like something that would have been more widely announced if there was a reduction in batteries for the FM combo.

Thanks!

Reactions: timiniafrica

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest