DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark RC question

OCTaconoob

Reactions
Looking at the RC for the Spark, it appears to be the same as the Mavic without the telemetry display. Anyone know if the Mavic RC could be paired with the Spark?

I was just going to ask the same question. This becomes a lot more compelling if I can use my existing Mavic controller with it.

Sad thing is the Spark does not come with the RC. On wifi the range is drastically less, so basically if you want full potential you gotta spend $149 for the controller....where it makes most sense to buy the bundle for $699.

At $700, Another $300 for the Mavic gives you so much more.

Reactions: Rbruz
Yeah, not sure why they'd not include the RC. Like you said, for an additional $300 you could just get the Mavic. Maybe the Spark has a better camera though.... ;)

Yeah it has a worse camera. I'm torn now knowing I have to pay $699 for the Spark.

Wish they could make the Mavic controller work with the spark with a FW update. It seems like it's the same technology and it should work even though it might not display all the telemetry the Mavic provides. If I could use my Mavic RC I'd buy a Spark as an alternative for more casual use.

Wish they could make the Mavic controller work with the spark with a FW update. It seems like it's the same technology and it should work even though it might not display all the telemetry the Mavic provides. If I could use my Mavic RC I'd buy a Spark as an alternative for more casual use.

No, not at all. The toy selfie drone "Spark" operates off of wifi only with very limited range. The Mavic Pro uses 2.4ghz Occusync, two completely different control systems. The Spark remote does nothing more than boost your phones wifi signal.
I have included a link from the official DJI Forum where actual DJI representatives answer such questions as opposed to just guessing.
RC from Mavic?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE