DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Special use airspace

ATOMSK01

Reactions
Good Afternoon, I'm trying to get more insight on this. In the picture attached, where the pinpoint is. Is where I need to fly my drone straight up and take a couple pictures of the land for a real estate job . The blue is special use airspace, but i do not need to fly in or through it. Do I need to notify anyone and if so how? I've never dealt with special use airspace, a little confused, thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190421-144014_AirMap.jpg
    Screenshot_20190421-144014_AirMap.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 38
As a Part 107 holder operating under those provisions set forth by Part 107, your only concern is the actual airspace you're flying IN. So if, and I stress IF, that map is correct and it correlates with what the DJI Go app says when you're on site you're good to go.

Reactions: sar104
Thank you for your input, I appreciate it, I just want to go by the rules and be safe!

Fort Jackson? I’d contact their security office anyways- you do not want to have US Army security guards accidentally find you and not know what you are doing with a DJI drone so close to their boundary.

That's what I was thinking, I just didn't know who to contact directly

I would try their main base number - hopefully they’d know who to route you to.

Get a lanyard for your controller in case you have to drop the controls and put your hands up! :)

That's the thing I dont need to enter it, just fly straight up from the pinpoint. I just want to be safe

Reactions: AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851