DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spectacular video in the Karakoram

Will watch the whole thing for sure, bookmarked.
There are LOADS of these online, have recently watched a few hour long docs on Everest, Annapurna, K2, etc.
Very nervous just watching some of them on those ice climbs.

As a rock climber, I know it's reasonably safe, but footage like at 29:00 - 30:20, whoaaa !

I've been to Kanchenjunga north base camp (far NE Nepal), 5700m, it's stunningly remote and beautiful, was a 27 day trek there and out.
Not sure I'd want to risk an 8000ndr, but would like to go 7000m sometime on a reasonably stable mountain.

Bro, this ain't just some footage,this is a well done documentary.. Great piece of art, you should be proud. At the opening scenes I felt I was at a cinema gazing upon those Snow Capped Mountains..

I'm not SURE if @RCdancer made the video ?
I think he jut found it and wanted to share ?

On the YT site it mentioned MANY awards for the doco, huge list.

Also, can you confirm RC if there is reference to drone footage in the YT vid somewhere ?
I didn't notice a mention in the official info, didn't read the comments too far.
If it was a drone, I'd like to know make / model.

I would be surprised if this wasn't filmed by heli (or plane) . . . have seen drone footage of those sorts of terrain / altitude, but they have been winged drones, very expensive winged drones.

Reactions: mereflyer
I'm not SURE if @RCdancer made the video ?
I think he jut found it and wanted to share ?

On the YT site it mentioned MANY awards for the doco, huge list.

Also, can you confirm RC if there is reference to drone footage in the YT vid somewhere ?
I didn't notice a mention in the official info, didn't read the comments too far.
If it was a drone, I'd like to know make / model.

I would be surprised if this wasn't filmed by heli (or plane) . . . have seen drone footage of those sorts of terrain / altitude, but they have been winged drones, very expensive winged drones.
This is a Himalayan first ascent recorded by drones. There is a link to the videographer and the company he works for in one of the posts. Incredible climbing video - anyone know more about the drone work?

Found your post @kadras . . . nice research.
Would probably have been the Freefly Alta used up very high, perhaps the Inspire.

At 6900m, that is certainly not too bad for altitude / air for flying, but it would take a lot of care managing batteries etc in that environment.
Some info from one of the YT vids stated the drones were "navigated from advanced BC" (base camp), which wouldn't have been too far from the summit as far as lateral distance goes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore