DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Speed forward only 5mph & reverse 22mph, what?

sweetwater ll

Land Yacht
Reactions
Purchased 2 weeks ago and everything has been fine. This morning crank things up and get a message to check props, I did and all was well. As taking off see 2 red lights, solid and manual says that means “critical”, doesn’t tell Me critical what. Change batteries (96% charge), and now no critical red lights. Go for a short fly and going forward will not go faster than 5 mph but in reverse 20+ mph. Change batteries, sync the rc and still only 5 mph. I checked for updates and reply was I was up to date. Aircraft 01.01.0610
rc “2.00.1200
flysafe 01.00.01.19
what now? Thinking of refresh dji fly app but decided going here first would be far better. Any thoughts?

Just turn your controller over and you will be fine.. Just kidding, In the GO app push upper left and it will drop down and show you all your warnings maybe that will tell you something. Good luck

Where was the camera pointing, horizontally or vertically etc.?
What app version and what phone?

Was the obstacle avoidance on or off, try the flight again and if the problem occurs again turn the drone through 90deg and see if that cures it, repeat until you have turned through 270deg. If still happening check if the obstacle avoidance is on, if so switch it off then test again etc..
With regards to the app there are differing versions of the Fly app just as there, you are looking for something like 1.1.3 through to 1.2.5 I think.
Don't update the app at the moment, new versions likely encrypt the logs.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, somehow the avoidance had changed to “brake” from what I had set to “bypass”.........so every time you start a new flight do you have to go through all the settings to see if anything has changed from what was set originally?

By the way, somehow the avoidance had changed to “brake” from what I had set to “bypass”.........so every time you start a new flight do you have to go through all the settings to see if anything has changed from what was set originally?
Settings should stay the same, shouldn't need to check. I always do though before take off. Sounds like a front sensor problem. I had a similar problem where the drone was only going about 2/3 miles an hour in normal mode.
Easy way to check is to fly in sport mode as that automatically switches of the OA sensors. If there is a problem you can re calibrate them with Assistant 2 on a PC.

.......nd now have the two front lights solid red, I think meaning “critical” which is ho......
The front LEDs are NOT STATUS indicators they are meant to be solid red, they are orientaion aids, page 12 of the manual, Mavic Air 2 - Downloads - DJI
It is however likely that you can opt to switch them when recording video etc..
I would look in the camera menus for that option, I do not have an air 2 so can not see your options with the MM's fly app

Reactions: hiflyer201
Okay, after some google searches, one reply to solid red lights was the fact they stay on all the time (front arms), another forum on a dji drone but not a mavic said to try IMO calibration, did that as instructed and after the red lights still on but now can get normal speed forward. Oh me.

Read the manual and specifically the page I mentioned in post #11.

"The front LEDs show the orientation of the aircraft and glow solid red when the aircraft is turned on to indicate the front of the aircraft.The aircraft status indicators communicate the status of the aircraft’s flight control system. Refer to the table below for more information about the aircraft status indicators"

The web is RIDDLED with incorrect opinions.
The behaviour described in the DJI manual is the same as I see from an M2P and, I think, my Phantom 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire260, I am sorry I do not understand what you are telling me to do, go app, where is that exactly?
Don't be sorry bud, On your phone or tablet, The app you use to see video DJI GO , when you go to camera view if you tap the upper left corner is will give you your stats, in that will be all the warnings and that will tell you what the critical warning was. as for your avoidance switching from go around to stop. Mine will do the same thing as yours, it will switch on it own for some reason.

Im sorry, It is the Fly app, Been messing with my Inspire 1 today and it uses the GO app

another forum on a dji drone but not a mavic said to try IMO calibration, did that as instructed and after the red lights still on but now can get normal speed forward.
Asking people that have no idea what actually happened is the way to get misinformation.
Ask about any drone problem on a forum and you'll always find some "helpful" person telling you to recalibrate things unrelated to the issue or delete and reinstall the app, because they've heard other say similar things before.
But they don't know what your issue is or how to fix it.
The only way is to identify the actual issue and go from there.
The way to identify flight issues is by investigating the recorded flight data.

You guys are an asset to the sport of drone flying in the manner in which you work together to remedy a problem.

Regards - Mike

I had a similar problem with low speed forward but full speed in reverse. I toggled the switch on the controller from Normal to Sport and back to Normal and the issue seemed to correct itself. I was able to get full speed in forward after that.

I tried that too, calibrating the IMU seemed to work. winds are supposed to be 25+ today but right now calm, hope to get out there after my coffee and get it in the air for test flight at least.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser