DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Speed throttled and false obstacles detected!

3DTOPO

Reactions
I was just flying my Mavic Pro at 400 feet AGL - well above all trees and obstacles.

I wasn't using any tracking modes; just full manual flight control. I flew it out about a mile and on the way back it was only going like 3 miles per hour. It was also giving me occasional false obstacle detected warnings.

So I landed it, changed it to sport mode (thinking it should deactivate the obstacle avoidance) - but again it kept throttling the speed intermittently and kept giving me obstacle avoidance messages. I looked at all the sensors and they appear clean.

For one attempt, I flew straight up and back from me. Once it reached maximum altitude even though the only control I had was for it to fly straight back, it started flying to the side and back.

Any ideas whats going on?

I was flying away from the sun (for the most part) with it low on the horizon - which seemed fine. Flying it back (towards the low sun) is when its speed was throttled.

The sensors do not like looking into the sun. That is probably what was happening.
Either shut off the sensors, or live with it when you have to fly into the sun.

I thought so, but in your case they were still on. For whatever reason. Are you SURE you were in sport mode?
Multiple fight modes has to be enabled for the switch on the remote to actually turn on sport mode.

I thought so, but in your case they were still on. For whatever reason. Are you SURE you were in sport mode?
Multiple fight modes has to be enabled for the switch on the remote to actually turn on sport mode.

Yes, I am positive, Multiple Flight Modes was activated and the physical switch set to Sport Mode. It said it was in sport mode on the controller and flies noticeably more sporty. ;)

Weird. Just disable the forward sensors when you have to fly at the sun.

I was just flying my Mavic Pro at 400 feet AGL - well above all trees and obstacles.

I wasn't using any tracking modes; just full manual flight control. I flew it out about a mile and on the way back it was only going like 3 miles per hour. It was also giving me occasional false obstacle detected warnings.

So I landed it, changed it to sport mode (thinking it should deactivate the obstacle avoidance) - but again it kept throttling the speed intermittently and kept giving me obstacle avoidance messages. I looked at all the sensors and they appear clean.

For one attempt, I flew straight up and back from me. Once it reached maximum altitude even though the only control I had was for it to fly straight back, it started flying to the side and back.

Any ideas whats going on?

Had same prob, so tried to clean with a Q-tip very gently and it scratched the lands now it’s completely destroyed so I turn my sensors off been flying six months that way sensors or only for beginners had my Mavic for one year no crashes I suggest just turning them off then don’t forget to go to your RTH and turn it off when you hit your home button to come back it will sense there’s something being detected and it will try to raise up and give a force indication that something is there when there’s not so just remember that Hope this helps

Had same prob, so tried to clean with a Q-tip very gently and it scratched the lands now it’s completely destroyed so I turn my sensors off been flying six months that way sensors or only for beginners had my Mavic for one year no crashes I suggest just turning them off then don’t forget to go to your RTH and turn it off when you hit your home button to come back it will sense there’s something being detected and it will try to raise up and give a force indication that something is there when there’s not so just remember that Hope this helps

Thanks for the advice. I was just surprised it behaved the same way with Sports mode enabled which I thought disabled them. I just flew after the sun when over the horizon and had no issues.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I live in a densely forested area, so for the most part I would prefer to have obstacle avoidance enabled. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929