DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sphere Panoramas

ccoltmanm

Reactions
When you upload a 360 image to Google Maps for a virtual sphere, it wants the image to be in a 1:2 ratio. This makes sense for a sphere.

However, on the Mavic 2, the spheres have been much wider than that ratio when using Microsoft ICE or Adobe. Anyone else test this and see that the resolution is off?

I normally don’t bother with the auto generated one and have my Mavic set to also save the individual images. I then load them in to ICE and generate a spherical 360. I then resize it to 10000x5000 and add my own sky (Google 360 seamless sky textures). As an extra tip to make them recognisable by Facebook I also edit the metadata as follows:

Make: Ricoh
Model: Ricoh Theta S

I normally don’t bother with the auto generated one and have my Mavic set to also save the individual images. I then load them in to ICE and generate a spherical 360. I then resize it to 10000x5000 and add my own sky (Google 360 seamless sky textures). As an extra tip to make them recognisable by Facebook I also edit the metadata as follows:

Make: Ricoh
Model: Ricoh Theta S

That’s what I am asking about. Microsoft ICE outputs a file that is not 2:1.

So there isn’t a problem with resizing the output file? It won’t distort?

You need to set the dimensions in ICE then resize in your image editing software. After you’ve added your sky then add the meta data.

This is not the tutorial I originally followed but it basically gives the same information:

Well, I know how to make pants. And I know how to use ICE. That’s not the problem I posted.

Got it thanks!! Weird because my Mavic 1 used to send pics to ICE and export the correct ratio on its own.

No way ICE can create a 2:1 sphere using the output of a DJI MP/Spark/Air/M2 drone. You'd need more pictures for that and for the gimbal to tilt up 90 degrees ;-)

Reactions: DRM001
When you upload a 360 image to Google Maps for a virtual sphere, it wants the image to be in a 1:2 ratio. This makes sense for a sphere.

However, on the Mavic 2, the spheres have been much wider than that ratio when using Microsoft ICE or Adobe. Anyone else test this and see that the resolution is off?
I realize this thread is a little old, but my Mavic 2 Zoom makes 2:1 ratio spherical photos in PANO mode, 8192X4096. All I have to do is change the meta data of each photo to show the camera make as Ricoh, and the camera model as Ricoh Theta S. Most all spherical viewers work fine, including Google Maps, Facebook and Kuula. I wonder if the M2P camera still has this issue. If yes, that's a reason to wait for that to be fixed in M3Ps, someday.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I’m gonna look up old panoramic and share
Just open an account in Kuula.co (and yes that is only .co) There you can insert your pano's that you have stitched together in ICE. Just make sure when you save them in ICE you save the wide side of the pano under 10,000. Ihave found with my M2P pano's its at 34% res. Then in Kuula select the "Tiny Planet" it will show your 360. After you complete your upload you can look at it and it looks better. only thing is the top to bottom stitch has one line.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55