DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spherical pano quickshot causes loss of all camera control?

ravenflight

Reactions
Hi! I'm a commercial drone pilot and have been flying an I1 for about a year and half. I just picked up a Mavic Air a few weeks ago and absolutely love it. But I have a problem with the panoramas. Whenever I try to use the spherical pano quickshot nothing happens and the camera controls go dark. I can still fly the aircraft but I'm unable to take any photos or video until I land and take off again. I've tried it in P-mode and sport mode but the result is the same. Other quickshot modes, like Asteroid, work fine. I haven't tested all of them though and the spherical pano is the only one of the pano modes I've tried so far. I'll test more and report back but I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this. I'm flying with my wife's Galaxy S8 (because DJI inexplicably, and frustratingly, won't let me use my Pixel 2).

Thanks!

I get something similar when I try to take long exposure shots, the camera greys out for a few seconds and the signal gets lost. It does come back after a few seconds more though.

Well, I just went out to test some more, decided to give my Pixel 2 another try and it works now! Not sure when DJI unlocked it but I'm very glad they did (and my wife will be glad to not have me bugging her to use her phone anymore). The spherical pano mode works with my Pixel 2. Not sure why it doesn't work on the S8.

I also realized in the process of testing that the spherical pano mode is a camera setting, not a quickshot mode. Just in case that confused anyone.

wow i did not know this, that a phone could be the issue for some camera features, i dont understand how that can be, if the drone is the machine taking the photos and the software is in the drone the viewing device shouldnt matter at all, glad u got it figured out though,

wow i did not know this, that a phone could be the issue for some camera features, i dont understand how that can be, if the drone is the machine taking the photos and the software is in the drone the viewing device shouldnt matter at all, glad u got it figured out though,
My guess is that the issue isn't in the drone, it's in the DJI GO 4 app. DJI is a lot better at making drones than they are at making apps.

It was likely working fine, just the image went blank...
No, that wasn't it. The image didn't go blank. The camera-related buttons turned black/dark grey and ceased to function. No images were recorded to the storage device. The hardware photo/video buttons on the controller ceased to function as well. The device had to be power-cycled before the functionality would return. The telemetry and video feed from the aircraft were unaffected.

Last edited:
I get something similar when I try to take long exposure shots, the camera greys out for a few seconds and the signal gets lost. It does come back after a few seconds more though.
That happens on every dji drone for exposures (normal) ....point is it doesnt come back when sometimes doing a sphere pano or any pano for that matter....i found shouldnt be in apas mode nor sport.....those cause the camera to grey out....have to reboot ac

Well, I just went out to test some more, decided to give my Pixel 2 another try and it works now! Not sure when DJI unlocked it but I'm very glad they did (and my wife will be glad to not have me bugging her to use her phone anymore). The spherical pano mode works with my Pixel 2. Not sure why it doesn't work on the S8.

I also realized in the process of testing that the spherical pano mode is a camera setting, not a quickshot mode. Just in case that confused anyone.
Works perfectly fine on my s8+.....will not work if in apas mode....or u are accidently in sport mode....have to be in pmode.....u also cant be to high....something like over 300 ft or 350

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S