DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spheroidal Weathering

designit777

Reactions

Just another fun day of flying. The Mavic is truly an awesome piece of equipment. Granite Dells is a geological feature north of Prescott, Arizona. The Dells and lake consist of exposed bedrock and large boulders this process is called spheroidal weathering. This is a form of chemical weathering that affects jointed bedrock and results in the formation of concentric or spherical layers. Enjoy and open to constructive criticism.

Looks great. One suggestion, film in tipod mode, it will help slow the yaw and turning so the video is more fluid. Another option is to slow the video in post production while you're putting the video together.

Looks like a terrific place to fly and film, and you did a good job of bringing it to us! Best shots are early/late in the day with lots of texture shown by the shadows, but of course exposure becomes especially challenging then. Best way to make sure you don't blow out the highlights is to keep an eye on the histogram, don't let it pile up against the right side. Thanks for sharing this!

Looks great. One suggestion, film in tipod mode, it will help slow the yaw and turning so the video is more fluid. Another option is to slow the video in post production while you're putting the video together.
Thank you for the suggestions. Actually in post production I increased the speed for the simple reason I like my videos to be less than 3 minutes. Do you find yourself trying to keep videos short so you don't bore people.
MJ

Really nice video! Can't wait to get some more of this type of Mavic use under my belt!

I do try to keep my videos short as well. Any panning or yawn or from one clip to another I do slow the speed to make a smooth transition.
Great video though pard. And an awesome place to shoot!

Just another fun day of flying. The Mavic is truly an awesome piece of equipment. Granite Dells is a geological feature north of Prescott, Arizona. The Dells and lake consist of exposed bedrock and large boulders this process is called spheroidal weathering. This is a form of chemical weathering that affects jointed bedrock and results in the formation of concentric or spherical layers. Enjoy and open to constructive criticism.
Thanks for the Geology lesson!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada