DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spinning out of control - No controller response

Downunder

Reactions

Crap, worst thing to watch since Blair Witch Project....
I love flying over water with my other birds, even did a 2.5km flight with the small Bebop 2 Just 2 weeks ago but this scares the crap out of me.

Ender

Reactions: E92Vancouver
Is this the same drone that crashed into the tree? Maybe some unseen damage from that??

Actually the scenario of Bad GPS Quality (having a lot of Sats but maybe malfunctioning compass) is a known one by now, see the Thread here:
Spooky Action at a Distance

Ore dozens of similar ones in the DJI Forum...

Hopefully DJI gets to the bottom of this before my Mavic arrives...

Ender

How did you launch?, by hand?, or from the beach? Some beach sand has a lot of metallic content and will mess up the compass. Where was the last place you calibrated the compass?

Are you canceling RTH each time? I don't understand why if that's the case. Just land the poor thing already :)

How did you launch?, by hand?, or from the beach? Some beach sand has a lot of metallic content and will mess up the compass. Where was the last place you calibrated the compass?
Hi !
Dont you think IF that would've been the problem that the effect would have been strongest at the start, not late in the flight when 90% of those supposed "evil" Sandgrains have been blown away ?

(Same goes for the scenario when he calibrated compass at the beach, shortly after leaving the beach it should have been a problem and the problem should have gone away when he came closer again).

Ender

Hi !
Dont you think IF that would've been the problem that the effect would have been strongest at the start, not late in the flight when 90% of those supposed "evil" Sandgrains have been blown away ?

(Same goes for the scenario when he calibrated compass at the beach, shortly after leaving the beach it should have been a problem and the problem should have gone away when he came closer again).

Ender
I launched from a beach towel :)

did you press the pause button at any time? I had some toilet bowl effect the other day resulting in a rough skid across the parking lot and have been wondering if the pause button would even stop it's "glitching" as I've seen some other people suggest it.

did you press the pause button at any time? I had some toilet bowl effect the other day resulting in a rough skid across the parking lot and have been wondering if the pause button would even stop it's "glitching" as I've seen some other people suggest it.
Nope TBE will not really help. if you are really close to the ground i'd choose CSC if possible...

Ender

did you update firmware? Hope I'm not beating a dead horse
Oh yeah no one ased, please tell us you did NOT that would be a GOOD explanation...
But as the stick inputs did SOMETHING thats probably not those pre-11.9. FW Ghost Stick inputs but a nice old compass failure Yaw...

Ender

Hi !

Ender
I have been flying long enough to know that things aren't cut and dried. That snide remark about 'supposed' evil sand grains gives one to suppose you think that is a hoax, well documented that some beaches do affect the compass. I was trying to eliminate a few possible issues, he had compass and/or GPS issues, and a lot of those stem from either a bad compass calibration or magnetic interference. And the question was asked of the OP, not you, unless you feel the need to answer for other people.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa