DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Split Rock Lighthouse on Lake Superior

Curious about where you launched from. I was there and told NOT to fly from their grounds. How far away did you go?
I did some research ahead of time since I live about 8 miles from there. There is a wayside rest/overlook near the lighthouse that is not owned by the state park, so I launched from there. It is exactly .62 miles or 1 km as the crow flies.

Reactions: Barbara
It's hiding on the sd card until I can edit it! I'll have to figure out how to post it too.
To post the vid....
after you edit, upload to YouTube or Vimeo, etc. Be sure to designate the video is “public” and open to anyone. Then on that site play the vid and select the copy link button... then post that link here by pasting the text link. (Don’t try to upload the video) Your video will appear as a preview pic once you complete the posting to a thread

Nice photos. Lake Superior has some awesome shoreline. And I agree with DaveS, those fog horns are impressive.

I'll be watching for your video.

To post the vid....
after you edit, upload to YouTube or Vimeo, etc. Be sure to designate the video is “public” and open to anyone. Then on that site play the vid and select the copy link button... then post that link here by pasting the text link. (Don’t try to upload the video) Your video will appear as a preview pic once you complete the posting to a thread
Thank you very much for the info! I didn't take any still images because I wasn't sure if it would interrupt the video. I'll see if I can stitch together acceptable parts of the video, I haven't quite gotten the hang of smoothly flying sideways while keeping the subject in view.

Nice photos. Lake Superior has some awesome shoreline. And I agree with DaveS, those fog horns are impressive.

I'll be watching for your video.
Thank you! I took the circle tour around the lake back in the 90's so I'm sure I went through your area. Beautiful country up there!

Beautiful lighthouse!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo