DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sport mode

Civics69

Reactions
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but it's the first time I have noticed this.
When I switch to sport mode (mavic2 pro), a warning appears saying obstacle avoidance temporary error. Is this normal, has it changed due to an update etc. I would have thought it should say hazard avoidance temporary disabled. All sensors are working perfectly when not in sport mode, so don't think there is an error. 20200304_172835.jpg

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but it's the first time I have noticed this.
When I switch to sport mode (mavic2 pro), a warning appears saying obstacle avoidance temporary error. Is this normal, has it changed due to an update etc. I would have thought it should say hazard avoidance temporary disabled. All sensors are working perfectly when not in sport mode, so don't think there is an error. View attachment 95797

That’s strange that it would say sensor error when you switch your M2P into Sport mode. When I switch my M2P into Sport mode it says “Obstacle Avoidance Disabled” or “Obstacle Avoidance Unavailable” I can’t remember which as I don’t put my M2P in Sport mode very often lol. It must somehow be messed up. Make sure you have DJI GO 4, the AC and RC up to date with the latest firmware. If that doesn’t work try calibrating the sensors. If neither of those fix the issue I don’t know what will. I’m glad that your sensors work normally, it’s probably just a bug in the software. Thumbswayup[emoji106][emoji16]

I utilize sport mode every time I am flying and it always shows the screen you copied. This occurs on both SC's that I have for my M2P and M2Z. OA is disabled in sport mode which is why you have to be careful and remember to put it back on "P" mode when landing, at least that's what I do. Stay away from obstacles in sport mode and "fly high and dry!"

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
When I switch to sport mode (mavic2 pro), a warning appears saying obstacle avoidance temporary error. Is this normal, has it changed due to an update etc. I would have thought it should say hazard avoidance temporary disabled. All sensors are working perfectly when not in sport mode, so don't think there is an error. View attachment 95797
It’s not an error

Reactions: E90RAW
I utilize sport mode every time I am flying and it always shows the screen you copied. This occurs on both SC's that I have for my M2P and M2Z. OA is disabled in sport mode which is why you have to be careful and remember to put it back on "P" mode when landing, at least that's what I do. Stay away from obstacles in sport mode and "fly high and dry!"
Mine also shows this warning... I have no issues with my machine.

Exact. The "fault" that DJI has committed in its interface ... is to use the word "Error" ... to inform us that in Sport mode, the sensors are disabled .. Since this word leads us to think that something is not working properly. The message is displayed in this way after the last firmware update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191022-191640_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20191022-191640_Video Player.jpg
    800.6 KB · Views: 32
I have everything up to date, even refreshed the firmware, but still the same. Still waiting for a reply from DJI, intrigued now.

One last thing, how about doing a factory reset on your controller, set it back to the way it came when you first got it, might work...

DJI is a Chinese company. English would not be the programmers primary language. As such, some wording may not be 100 percent correct. This has happened many times in the past.

DJI is a Chinese company. English would not be the programmers primary language. As such, some wording may not be 100 percent correct. This has happened many times in the past.
but some say error and some disabled. Would be curious what versions are running.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3