DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

spring break in Savannah and Sanibel

die_kruzen

Reactions
Hello new member here from Maryland. Currently debating whether to get a Mavic Air or Spark...but that is a different topic!

The family and I are headed to Sanibel Island, FL with a day stop in Savannah, GA. Wanted to get any do's and don'ts about flying in those areas. I know Sanibel is pretty open, but places like Ding Darling are off limits.

But, I have some questions regarding Sanibel:

Can you fly your drones on public paths? If so, do you have any suggestions? I did see footage on this forum from Pond Apple Trail.
Are there places you can get ariel videos of alligators?
Are there any other places you might suggest? I believe I read that the lighthouse was off limits. But, I may have misread that.

What about Savannah, are there good, scenic places to fly there? We are staying at the Marriott Riverfront for the day when in Savannah.

Thanks in advance all. I know it was a lot of questions.

Hello new member here from Maryland. Currently debating whether to get a Mavic Air or Spark...but that is a different topic!

The family and I are headed to Sanibel Island, FL with a day stop in Savannah, GA. Wanted to get any do's and don'ts about flying in those areas. I know Sanibel is pretty open, but places like Ding Darling are off limits.

But, I have some questions regarding Sanibel:

Can you fly your drones on public paths? If so, do you have any suggestions? I did see footage on this forum from Pond Apple Trail.
Are there places you can get ariel videos of alligators?
Are there any other places you might suggest? I believe I read that the lighthouse was off limits. But, I may have misread that.

What about Savannah, are there good, scenic places to fly there? We are staying at the Marriott Riverfront for the day when in Savannah.

Thanks in advance all. I know it was a lot of questions.
Howdy from Wyoming @die_kruzen , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr