DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Square 1with DJI Assistant

Calhoun Ranger

Reactions
I have done a search and can't find any posts on how to start with DJI Assistant. After upgrading the app and firmware on my Mavic two days ago, the feed to my phone is scrambled like the "old days" of scrambled cable shows.

This is not the first time my Mavic has acted up, so I want to totally re-apply the firmware. First question - when you upgrade firmware does it totally replace earlier firmware, or just update pieces of the code? Does totally re-applying firmware make sense in this circumstance?

If someone could post a step-by-step of where to find DJI Assistant and the basic steps of connecting/updating the Mavic, I would be very appreciative. If such a post already exists, please post a link!

Thanks!

You can download the DJI Assistant 2 installer here.

Here's a how-to video showing how to install the firmware with the DJI Assistant 2 application:

Still trying to run this one down. The video feed to my phone (Android, Samsung Note4) is scrambled like the old-fashioned cable scrambling. Used Assistant to upgrade everything, problem still exists. Used different, new cable from RC to phone, problem not fixed. Attempting to use a second Mavic RC.

Problem along the way: what is the cure when DJI Assistant 2 is hooked to the RC, I attempt a factory reset, and the software replies "Factory reset failed!". I have gotten this message with both Mavic RCs that I own. Any ideas?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo