DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SSD file transfer work flow

UgashikBob

Reactions
Been through all the SSD related threads and would really like to see a link to where the 3C ssd file transfer workflow is documented. Using the high speed low drag supplied cable resulted several disconnects both from the pro controller and W10. What is the correct sequence for connecting 3C to RCPRO activation of USB mode and when to plug in the High Speed cable? Does the SD card need to be removed before unloading ssd? AC and RC at 500 and app is 1.5.10
Any suggestions appreciated.

Last edited:
I always pop my SD cards out of the drone and stick it into the computer. Is that the question?

I always pop my SD cards out of the drone and stick it into the computer. Is that the question?
No, the M3C has a built-in, non-removable SSD.

For the M3C you connect the aircraft to a computer and copy, that's it. You might need to have DJI Assistant installed on the computer to have the drivers installed. You'll want a USB 3 port, ideally 10Gbit and storage that can keep up on the computer.

I remove the MicroSD card from the drone, I have an external card reader on my desktop, I have a dedicated internal SSD (F: drive) for videos & photos - I have a folder 'Drone video projects' and I create a folder by date and as necessary, short description and I download the content for editing.
Most projects use only a small percent of the SD card, so I leave them on the card when I re-insert it to the drone. This serves a a backup. Once the SD is getting too loaded, I delete the older files or in some cases for important projects, back it up to a different hard drive for security.
I always have a freshly formatted MicroSD card with me in case needed.

drone-upload.jpg

Thank you for the updates. My problem with the direct connect from M3C to W10 was the USB C hub I was using. Removing it and connecting directly to USB C on the laptop gave me best transfer rate of around 30MBs when using an external SSD.

You must be using an USB 2 cable/port/something. You should be able to get up to 350-600MB/s with the correct cables and equipment.

I am using the DJI supplied cable from M3C directly to the USB-C port on laptop and another SS 10 cable from laptop to external SSD (SanDisk Extreme 1TB). Will pursue but think my problem is port speed on my 4 year old Asus laptop.

USB-C ports can be as slow as 480 Mbps (USB 2 - also known as Hi-Speed USB), that may be what you have on your PC.

The naming of USB 3 has been a moving target - What is now called USB 3.2 Gen 1x1 has also been known as USB 3.0, USB 3.1 Gen 1, and SuperSpeed.

The naming convention recently adopted for USB 3.2 incorporates speed x lanes. For example, USB 3.2 Gen 1x2 means 5 Gbps x 2 lanes, for a connection speed of 10 Gbps.

SpecificationSignaling Rate/LaneNumber of LanesAggregate Bandwidth
USB 3.2 Gen 1×15 Gbps (SuperSpeed)15 Gbps
USB 3.2 Gen 2×110 Gbps (SuperSpeed+)110 Gbps
USB 3.2 Gen 1×25 Gbps (SuperSpeed)210 Gbps
USB 3.2 Gen 2×210 Gbps (SuperSpeed+)220 Gbps

I am using the DJI supplied cable from M3C directly to the USB-C port on laptop and another SS 10 cable from laptop to external SSD (SanDisk Extreme 1TB). Will pursue but think my problem is port speed on my 4 year old Asus laptop.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser