DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Standard (non RE) DJI Goggles can now view panos with head tracking!

Derf

Reactions
With the latest goggle firmware you can now view sphere panos on the Goggles with head tracking. It’s really cool but not easy to get working.

Here’s how I got it to work.....
1. Update to the latest firmware
2. Shot some pano images with the Mavic pro
3. While remote is connected with drone click the playback button on the bottom right
4. Let the software stitch the images
5. Click the sync icon on the top right while Goggles are connected
6. On the googles go to playback (aircraft storage) and select the pano image
7. Download the pano image to local storage on the Goggles
8. Now go to local storage and select the pano image
9. Head tracking will now let you view the image with head tracking.

Sphere panos are especially cool!

There may be a much easier way to do this and I’d love to know if anyone has that information.

Reactions: Mike Shock
Thank you for sharing that, Derf. I was unaware that you could do that with the DJI goggles. I will try that this weekend.
It's been a while, so I can't remember:
How do I make sure I have the latest firmware version on the DJI Goggles?
How do I check WHICH firmware version I have on the Goggles?
Do I have to use the DJI Assistant 2 and a PC to update the firmware in the DJI Goggles, or is there another way?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you for sharing that, Derf. I was unaware that you could do that with the DJI goggles. I will try that this weekend.
It's been a while, so I can't remember:
How do I make sure I have the latest firmware version on the DJI Goggles?
How do I check WHICH firmware version I have on the Goggles?
Do I have to use the DJI Assistant 2 and a PC to update the firmware in the DJI Goggles, or is there another way?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have only updated my firmware through the DJI GO4 APP. Make sure you have the Mavic, the remote and the goggles all on and connected. When you launch DJI GO4 on your phone it will check the versions on all and update all devices at the same time.

I would do the firmware upgrade at home before you head out and while you’re connected to WiFi. It can take 15 to 30 minutes for all of the devices to update.

You can check all the versions under ... general settings ... about

Hope that helps.

Here’s how I got it to work.....
1. Update to the latest firmware
2. Shot some pano images with the Mavic pro
3. While remote is connected with drone click the playback button on the bottom right
4. Let the software stitch the images
5. Click the sync icon on the top right while Goggles are connected
6. On the googles go to playback (aircraft storage) and select the pano image
7. Download the pano image to local storage on the Goggles
8. Now go to local storage and select the pano image
9. Head tracking will now let you view the image with head tracking.

I was hoping you could clarify some of your instructions...

When you say step #2: Shoot some pano images. Exactly how are you doing this? How do I set it to Pano mode? Never done this before. How many pictures do I need to take?
Then, at what point do you land the mavic? Right after you take the pano pictures?
Step #3: "click the playback button on bottom right" - on the bottom right of the DJI GO APP? Does this automatically make the software start to stitch the images together? "Click the sync button on the top right" - top right of what, the go app screen?, which screen?

I think I understand the rest of your directions if you can help me get that far. Thanks for the help! Hope I can repay the favor someday. I normally just take a lot of videos, I don't think I've ever taken any pictures before, pano or otherwise.

I was hoping you could clarify some of your instructions...

When you say step #2: Shoot some pano images. Exactly how are you doing this? How do I set it to Pano mode? Never done this before. How many pictures do I need to take?

So the latest firmware can shoot several types of Panoramic images now. When you enter the camera settings and choose picture type “pano” is at the bottom. If you choose sphere pano the drone will automatically take 34 images. The other panos take 3 to 6 images. The remote will give you a message saying pano successful.

Then, at what point do you land the mavic?

Once you have the shoots you want you can land the drone. All the rest of the steps can be done later.

Right after you take the pano pictures? Yes

Step #3: "click the playback button on bottom right" - on the bottom right of the DJI GO APP?

Yes when the remote and drone are connected. There’s a small play button on the bottom right hand corner.

Does this automatically make the software start to stitch the images together?

When you select the image the software will stitch them together automatically

"Click the sync button on the top right" - top right of what, the go app screen?, which screen?

Once the image is stitched a circular sync button will appear as long as the goggles are also connected.

I think I understand the rest of your directions if you can help me get that far. Thanks for the help! Hope I can repay the favor someday. I normally just take a lot of videos, I don't think I've ever taken any pictures before, pano or otherwise.

I shot the spherical pano and it said "successfully shot" but when I go to Steps 3 and 4 there is no pano in the playback. Any suggestions thanks.

Derf, so glad you posted this. I have been trying to figure this out for a few weeks. Finally able to view a spherical pano with the goggles.
Thanks

Are the pano photos only an option with the Mavic Air? Or are they available on the Mavic Pro as well?

Derf, so glad you posted this. I have been trying to figure this out for a few weeks. Finally able to view a spherical pano with the goggles.
Thanks
Bragged too quick. Loaded that 1 pano and have not been able to repeat the process again. Went so far as to delete the one that loaded successfully thinking maybe its 1 at a time, nope, and now I can't even reload that one. Shows to be transferring , the confirm the transfer prompt on the goggles and then the exit transfer mode prompt a while later, but no pano shows up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929