DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Start up problems

slkfis

Reactions
I have been trying to get familiar with my new Mavic pro. I have not gotten my iPad yet so I was trying to go through the start up process without a mobile devise.

The drone comes on properly the controller comes up and settles in with the screen showing GPS MODE every thing looks good

I assume the Mavic starts like the Phantom by pulling down both joy sticks. I can not find the stick positions in the manual.

When I do this nothing happens I expected the motors to run. (props off)

I found nothing covering this problem on the forum search.

Thanks for any help.
slkfis

You'll need to register your Mavic in DJI GO before you'll be able to start the motors. Have you done that yet?

Reactions: slkfis
OK, Just a minor but important detail I have over looked. I'll bet it's not the last!

I'll do that tonight. Thank you very much I probably would not have figured that out.
Love the forum.
slkfis

Can I do that on my lap top or wait until I get iPad?

Do you have a compatible Apple/Android phone? If so, you could install DJI GO on that.
No, my android tablet I flew the P3P died and I have iPad mini4 on the way. Should be here in a couple of days. I'll just continue to read the manual and drool. As far as my phone I still use an old flip phone that my Grandtwins think is from the dark ages. When I get my mini the kids will welcome me to the 20th century.

thxs a lot
slkfis

No. You must use an Apple/Android mobile device.
I registered my AC using my pc when I opened the box. Sometimes, if you do try to doing it over wifi, the Ac/RC can sometimesd "blow out your wifi signal", so just hardwire it using a lan cable to your pc/mac.
You do have to log in to your dji account at least once thru your device of choice. Now, I think you have to do it every time, or answer some silly questions before being able to arm your AC. That's why I have not done any updates since I opened the box last March, still on .400.....Rock Solid.

Period.......

I registered my AC using my pc when I opened the box. Sometimes, if you do try to doing it over wifi, the Ac/RC can sometimesd "blow out your wifi signal", so just hardwire it using a lan cable to your pc/mac.
You do have to log in to your dji account at least once thru your device of choice. Now, I think you have to do it every time, or answer some silly questions before being able to arm your AC. That's why I have not done any updates since I opened the box last March, still on .400.....Rock Solid.

Period.......
Thank you.
slkfis

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake