Join Us Now

Starting to play with Premiere Pro

Martyc6

Airial Liquid llc
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Starting to play with Premiere Pro, Any tips, or tutorial video suggestions?

Enjoy!

Great footage..... I rarely have to say this but I would ramp up the saturation as its a bit a on the dull side and probably on the conservative side of accuracy. Lighten up the shots of the building to show more detail and you should be all set.

Reactions: Martyc6
Good Video! They didn't have middle-schools like that when I went to one.
I agree with Saladshooter. His two suggestions would make for a better video. The flying part - Nice and smooth. Well done with that.

Good footage. Needs a bunch of color grading which I'm sure you can do in PP.

Just for giggles, download Davinci Resolve before you get too ingrained with PP. Same learning curve but with different protocols, and a helluva lot cheaper (free). Adobe is going to ding your pocket book every month whether you use it or not. The full featured "regular" version of Davinci Resolve is free- forever... a no brainer in my book.

Good footage. Needs a bunch of color grading which I'm sure you can do in PP.

Just for giggles, download Davinci Resolve before you get too ingrained with PP. Same learning curve but with different protocols, and a helluva lot cheaper (free). Adobe is going to ding your pocket book every month whether you use it or not. The full featured "regular" version of Davinci Resolve is free- forever... a no brainer in my book.
I have to agree with vindibona.... DaVinci Resolve is free for most and is very powerful. It will save you a fortune over time.

Through my work I receive the full Adobe Creative cloud free (Just about everything Adobe has to offer) when they stop offering Adobe FREE ill switch back to DaVinci Resolve because FREE is for ME! LOL
I used DaVinci Resolve for a little bit and Struggled through it every time.

I just picked up PP and it seemed a little easier to use.

As for Color grading I'm color blind, so if I actually grade it to my liking it looks like crap. I just have to keep practicing at what looks normal. and work at it more.

Thanks for all the feed back!

Through my work I receive the full Adobe Creative cloud free (Just about everything Adobe has to offer) when they stop offering Adobe FREE ill switch back to DaVinci Resolve because FREE is for ME! LOL

As for Color grading I'm color blind, so if I actually grade it to my liking it looks like crap. I just have to keep practicing at what looks normal. and work at it more.

Yeah... not many of us can boast getting Adobe for free.... I pay for Lightroom and Photoshop $10 a month but to get Premier Pro it would cost about $50 a month because they won't offer it as a low cost standalone.

DaVinci Resolve is actually pretty easy to use but because it is very different than Adobe products it has its own learning curve.... and you have to learn that just because the tools exist, you don't have to use all of them. I find the less I do with my videos, color wise the better they come out. Simple grading beats trying to do lots of fancy stuff. My guess it that Resolve wouldn't help you any more then Premier does. Editing workflow is good using either software.

Your colors look fine despite your color blindness. The video does lack a little punch, dark in places and a bit undersaturated. I wonder if part of that is because of how you see color.

I gladly pay for Adobe Creative Suite. Your version should have Lumetri Color installed.
Bottom-left panel - go Effects> Color Correction> , drag Lumetri Color to a clip.
In the upper-left panel, go Effect Controls> expand the Lumetri Color controls and try various Input LUTs.
You can then adjust all of the typical settings; Temp, Exposure, Highlights, etc.
If you're unsure about your color choices, get a friend over your shoulder.
Once you're happy with the color, you can then drag that adjusted Lumetri control to the other clips and make exposure and other tweeks per clip.
If you shoot in D-Log, you'll have more color depth to work with.
Every video will get a little better.

• Love
LenSavage: That was quite a neat demonstration of post production! I assume that the the first clip was unedited out of the camera and then each subsequent clip was edited in a different manner? It also illustrates how the music choices envoke different emotional responses to the same video material (albeit handled differently in post). Clever boy!

LenSavage: That was quite a neat demonstration of post production! I assume that the the first clip was unedited out of the camera and then each subsequent clip was edited in a different manner? It also illustrates how the music choices envoke different emotional responses to the same video material (albeit handled differently in post). Clever boy!
Exactly. The first clip is just the raw untouched D-Log footage. The rest have different LUTs and additional adjustments with looks like 'video', docu, film, etc. and mood-setting music - all from a single take.
BTW: On the 'big-screen', the San Diego city skyline in the far-right would be more prominent.

Exactly. The first clip is just the raw untouched D-Log footage. The rest have different LUTs and additional adjustments with looks like 'video', docu, film, etc. and mood-setting music - all from a single take.
BTW: On the 'big-screen', the San Diego city skyline in the far-right would be more prominent.
Very interesting and yes I can see where the skyline would be more impressive on a big screen. Great work!

If you are set on using Premiere Pro, here's a good resource: Larry Jordan

Larry Jordan is a long-time educator and provides a lot of free tutorials and webinars. Costs nothing to get on his mailing list.

That said, I went to Davinci Resolve this year and don't regret it.

If you are set on using Premiere Pro, here's a good resource: Larry Jordan

Larry Jordan is a long-time educator and provides a lot of free tutorials and webinars. Costs nothing to get on his mailing list.

That said, I went to Davinci Resolve this year and don't regret it.
Thank you for your reply, I have used Davinci Resolve and seemed to fight with it.. with that said i figured id try Adobe Premiere Pro since I don't have to pay for it.

Learn to use the scopes. Think of it as IFR for color grading.

I prefer PP. I've tried DaVinci, and it's a good program. I just don't want to embark on the learning curve to change.

The thing I'd say is transitions. The first shot you go from moving drone to a static shot then the drone starts to move. I think it would be better to go from a moving shot to another moving shot and choose either a straight cut or a fade between shots.

The other thing I'd be careful of is the length of shots. Shots can be too short sometimes, and with drone photography people have a tendency to leave shots on the long side. Because it's perfectly exposed, framed and technically very good it does make it harder to make the decision to cut it, but it often works better with shorter shot length.

HTH

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore