DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Startup Shake/Wobble

AceMaverickKS

Reactions
Hello all,

I am just wondering if anyone in cooler climates like Canada have experienced a startup wobble or shake on the actual drone itself, not the gimble. First flight brand new and all other flights around 1 or 0 degrees Celsius have resulted in a small audible and visible shake/wobble. After approx. 30 seconds of flying it disappears. I have hovered it inside and no shake/wobble. Don't see a need to calibrate the IMU as it is showing "normal" and the problem doesn't occur inside.

I have googled and browsed the forum and was only able to find one video of a Mavic Air shaking in the cold and the suspected cause being the IMU not being initially warmed up.

I cant seem to find anything else though, more specifically for the mini. Props are in good condition, move freely and have no defects. Screws aren't loose.

Is anyone else experiencing this specifically for the mini? Wondering if I should return it or exchange it.

Hello all,

I am just wondering if anyone in cooler climates like Canada have experienced a startup wobble or shake on the actual drone itself, not the gimble. First flight brand new and all other flights around 1 or 0 degrees Celsius have resulted in a small audible and visible shake/wobble. After approx. 30 seconds of flying it disappears. I have hovered it inside and no shake/wobble. Don't see a need to calibrate the IMU as it is showing "normal" and the problem doesn't occur inside.

I have googled and browsed the forum and was only able to find one video of a Mavic Air shaking in the cold and the suspected cause being the IMU not being initially warmed up.

I cant seem to find anything else though, more specifically for the mini. Props are in good condition, move freely and have no defects. Screws aren't loose.

Is anyone else experiencing this specifically for the mini? Wondering if I should return it or exchange it.

Yes : The Mini 2 when really cold produces the camera to actually Chatter very quickly.
Were not sure why this is, but I suspect the IMU has something to do with it.

I have a video will post latter.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Yes : The Mini 2 when really cold produces the camera to actually Chatter very quickly.
Were not sure why this is, but I suspect the IMU has something to do with it.

I have a video will post latter.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.
Hi!

Ended up returning it and exchanging it for a new one. New one didn't wobble or shutter at all under the same conditions...BUT the left front prop continually hit the body of the drone. First flight. I am now on number three, which is the "newer" mini in an updated fly more case. So far so good.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent