DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm Insurance Premium increase

UD-4L

Reactions
I just received a statement from State Farm Insurance about my Personal Articles Policy with an increase in my premium from $60 to $75 per year. I have had the policy for over 2 years without a claim. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is this standard?

We had State farm for 23 yrs and our cars were getting older and premiums kept going up, with no tickets or accidents. My wife watches my dollar like hawk. I didn't want to change because of loyalty , she did and saved us a bunch of money. if other insurance carriers cover this type of insurance I'd shop around.

Reactions: allenface
I just received a statement from State Farm Insurance about my Personal Articles Policy with an increase in my premium from $60 to $75 per year. I have had the policy for over 2 years without a claim. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is this standard?
I haven’t had that yet mine is still $60 for two drones

That's likely in response to a significant amount of claims for crashed drones. Consider yourself lucky. Quite a few were not offered renewals.

I just got a quote for mine and it was $75 so that’s my only experience. I would suspect this will positively fluctuate as there are more losses in the insured pool.

Sorry, might have been partly my fault. I told them they could fix it for $100, they said we don't fix we replace.

I think it's still a pretty good deal even at $75 annually when you consider no deductible and payment in full for purchase price if crashed or loss.

Reactions: Obsidian Sereniti
I agree that this is still a great deal. I just wasn't sure if other people were experiencing this or whether I should question the State Farm agent if there is a reason for the increase. I just paid the premium and hope that this isn't the beginning of the end for my coverage.

This forum is great for info. I had previously read that State Farm was the insurance to buy for my new MM. I had read it costs $30 - $60, depending on the State you lived in. I contacted the local State Farm rep ( I told him my home owners and auto insurance was not with them) and he quoted $75. Higher than expected but now see others are being charged the higher rate so it was not just my State. Here is what he wrote, "
We can insure your drone, we would require copy of the original purchase receipt and photos of the drone (at least one with the serial number).
The minimum premium is $75.00 per year.

Contacted State Farm agent for drone insurance quote. He quoted $48.00 for a year. Sounds good to me. Made arrangements to meet an write the contact. So he is entering information into the computer. At one point entering the data, the machine threw an error, turns out that State Farm has raised the minimum premium cost of personal item insurance to $75.00. Agent made a call to confirm it. Still better than taking a total loss for a crashed or drowned drone.

Reactions: Obsidian Sereniti
Just took out a policy moments ago (SE Michigan).

It was $2.75 per $100 of coverage with a $60 minimum premium.

So up to a limit of $2,181.82, it will cost $60/year.

A $75/year premium would mean (in MI) you have a $2,727.28 limit of liability.

Anyone use USAA?
USAA is my carrier for home and auto. I contacted them and they said it was excluded. Some months later they contacted me and said covered under photography equipment but does not cover lost drone - like DJI Care, it must be turned in to get covered. So I went with State Farm for my drone equipment - $75 per year for two drones and associated equipment. No questions asked, loss completely covered at replacement cost.

USAA is my carrier for home and auto. I contacted them and they said it was excluded. Some months later they contacted me and said covered under photography equipment but does not cover lost drone - like DJI Care, it must be turned in to get covered. So I went with State Farm for my drone equipment - $75 per year for two drones and associated equipment. No questions asked, loss completely covered at replacement cost.
So with state farm you dont send in the drone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus