DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Statefarm Drone Insurance: Reliable? Personal Experiences?

katarian

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I'll be buying a Mavic 2 Pro in a few days, and have heard about the Statefarm Policy. I am thinking about going without DJI Refresh option and just do Statefarm policy instead, IF, it's good.

I talked to my local Statefarm agent and the policy sounds very straightforward and reliable. But how is it in reality? Any personal experiences with it?

My local State Farm agents are crooks.
Like you, I have heard wonderful success stories about stand alone personal property insurance to cover drones.
However, my agent wants to wrap my policy with a homeowner's policy so they get more premium out of the deal.
Told them I rent - what now?
Never heard back from them.

Reactions: katarian
My local State Farm agents are crooks.
Like you, I have heard wonderful success stories about stand alone personal property insurance to cover drones.
However, my agent wants to wrap my policy with a homeowner's policy so they get more premium out of the deal.
Told them I rent - what now?
Never heard back from them.
I'm sorry to hear that.
My local statefarm agents have been wonderful so far. They are the ones who mentioned the PAP for the first time a few years ago for my bike to make sure there is no deductible.

But I want to know what the process for claims is, and how fast/slow it is.
I only had to file a claim once with them for an uninsured motorists hitting my car, and that went alright.

I'm sorry to hear that.
My local statefarm agents have been wonderful so far. They are the ones who mentioned the PAP for the first time a few years ago for my bike to make sure there is no deductible.

But I want to know what the process for claims is, and how fast/slow it is.
I only had to file a claim once with them for an uninsured motorists hitting my car, and that went alright.

Now that is where I hear the horror stories around the drone forums.
Be very conservative and do not claim unless it is a total loss.
Do not claim often.

Case in point, some guy blogged that he filed 3 claims in a year.
5 years out he tried to buy a home but no one would insure him.

Started my PAP with State Farm and there are two options if you do have a policy they will reimburse you for total loss 100% but they will have the discretion to reinstate your policy and option B would be if they do reinstate your policy you would have a higher premium. However this will not affect my home policy,According to my agent.

Reactions: katarian
I got the State Farm PAP policy shortly after I purchased a Mavic Air. The process was pleasant and easy. That is my only policy with State Farm, no homeowners or auto policy with them. Less than 30 days after starting the policy, I had a crash that was totally my fault. The crash happened on a Saturday afternoon, on Sunday I went onto their website and filed a notice of loss. By Monday morning, a claim representative called me. It was a very short conversation that simply asked me to verify the details that I have entered online and verify the claim. She accepted my loss as a valid claim and immediately mailed a check to me for the full purchase price, and I had the check by Wednesday. That was over a year ago and my policy renewed in March after I added the replacement Mavic Air onto the policy, and there was no increase in premium from the $60 and my homeowners policy from a different company did not increase at renewal last August either. I highly recommend getting a SF PAP to anyone that has it available to them. There is no better coverage in my mind.

Hello everyone,

I'll be buying a Mavic 2 Pro in a few days, and have heard about the Statefarm Policy. I am thinking about going without DJI Refresh option and just do Statefarm policy instead, IF, it's good.

I talked to my local Statefarm agent and the policy sounds very straightforward and reliable. But how is it in reality? Any personal experiences with it?
I don’t think they insure drones anymore but they laid my claim.

If you wanted to buy only 1 policy, State Farm wins, as long as you in a covered state in the USA.

Be careful and responsible with your drone, dont file more than 1 claim the first year, and you will be fine. Cant get better, cheaper insurance than them.

I called State Farm and they said I have to have other things insured with them. I don't because they're expensive here in Michigan. It will have to be DJI for me when I purchase a drone.

I called State Farm and they said I have to have other things insured with them. I don't because they're expensive here in Michigan. It will have to be DJI for me when I purchase a drone.
This is not my experience with State Farm at all. Remember that these are independent agents and some offices might not want to write a small mono-line policy. I would call a different agent in your area. They do offer this policy on it own, just find a willing agent to write it.

Reactions: Mikes145
If you want to try other agents, you can find the contact info for some MI agents other people have used here.

Reactions: kjcbid54
If you want to try other agents, you can find the contact info for some MI agents other people have used here.
Thank you. I just got off the phone with Mandee from Jay Swindle's office. She was very helpful. I may go with them for the PAP but they don't insure for commercial use. At least she doesn't think so. She's getting back with me after she contacts the main office.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest