DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STAY HOME YES, NO,

Staying home other than for essentials, delivering shopping to my parents, and daily exercise (and even then, I often just do that in my garden).

Haven't flown my drone since the UK went into lockdown, which is *really* frustrating since we've probably had more perfect flying days here while been in lockdown than we got during all of last year's seemingly perpetual wind and drizzle combined... :mad:

in my 4th week of isolation now ,and somehow my darling wife is still alive (joke) i have a little syma indoor drone that i use in winter and i have been flying it in the garden for the last two days,in this glorious weather, have two batteries which take a good hour to charge using two chargers and then i get about 6 to 7 mins flight time per battery, no GPS so it will blow about in any sort of wind ,but its great fun and reminds me how good having GPS is, and most of all it is getting out for some fresh air, because of my age and my medical issues i am not allowed to go out from my home at all, just another 8 weeks to go i hope

I'm in British Columbia, Canada and we are not locked in yet. My brother was in contact with a Provincial medical authority and was told that keeping proper social distancing (2meters/6 feet) and no groups while out and about, motorcycle touring is allowed. So no tailgating or riding abreast and we are good to go now that it's starting to warm up and the gas is cheap(er). Guessing you can't do a "Sunday Drive" in a car unless you're by yourself or you are not social distancing...

The parks in Houston are more crowded than they’ve ever been. I still go to them, I just avoid walking paths and stick to empty fields. But things look like they’re about to get crazy here, so the girlfriend and I are bugging out to the mountains in a couple of days.

The parks in Houston are more crowded than they’ve ever been. I still go to them, I just avoid walking paths and stick to empty fields. But things look like they’re about to get crazy here, so the girlfriend and I are bugging out to the mountains in a couple of days.
Leave now, bring all the food you need and double check that you have extra wires and all your chargers

Staying home except groceries and pharmacy generally. Children live close, so do ride my electric scooter to their homes using backroads, but don’t go inside and maintaining 6-8’ distance. What I really hate is that we’re starting through the birthdays of grandkids... We’re gonna try Facebook streaming for virtual birthday parties

Nothing new to me (staying indoors that is)
Had an accidented in January resulting in an operation on my leg.
Just got the cage off and trying to walk a little.
Only trouble is now I don't get visitors due to the lock down ?
glad to hear you are on the mend take care

They asked us to stay in to save lives. I guess if you want to expose your granny to CV cos you can't stay home and watch TV for a few weeks then that's your call. Watched a friend's funeral on Skype today, 49 healthy fit guy. No obvious other illnesses.
Wasn't particularly real to me till that happened.

I'm in British Columbia, Canada and we are not locked in yet. My brother was in contact with a Provincial medical authority and was told that keeping proper social distancing (2meters/6 feet) and no groups while out and about, motorcycle touring is allowed. So no tailgating or riding abreast and we are good to go now that it's starting to warm up and the gas is cheap(er). Guessing you can't do a "Sunday Drive" in a car unless you're by yourself or you are not social distancing...
Same here in Alberta.Travel to get out of the house and take my planes/drones with me.Lots of open spaces with NOBODY around.Plus side is little to no traffic other than the few doing the same.Closure of the Parks discs non-issue as cannot fly in them ever.
Spoke to the local bylaw officer about areas outside of do not fly zones,such as school grounds. "Have fun" sounds great.

don't know how true but the news channel here (Clearwater) Florida, channel 8 says that it's unlawful to go anywhere except to the grocery or drug store. seems like !( Mod Removed)to me.
but who am I. I haven't flown for 3 weeks, bummer, bummer. I'm waiting for my $1200, the Gov says I"m to get. I think I will go to the liquor store and stock up on my friend Jack. O happy days are here again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fifth week of working at home. I'm thinking this will be my new normal. My wife is a school nurse so with schools closed until May (maybe) I think it's tougher on her since she has to keep herself busy. Other than that we'll taking drives once a week to different parks just to get out of the house but keep our distance. I've flown my MP a couple of times from my front yard. The social isolation is broken up a little with Zoom meetings with friends.

im approaching my 60th soon .. never run in my life , decided to do the couch to 5k runnign thing .. week 1 i got hip pains (IT Band) ...2nd week did more stretching but got more pain - I wont make week 3 ... Will stick to my bicycle `i think... guess my old bones are not made for running.,...

Reactions: pelagic_one
im approaching my 60th soon .. never run in my life , decided to do the couch to 5k runnign thing .. week 1 i got hip pains (IT Band) ...2nd week did more stretching but got more pain - I wont make week 3 ... Will stick to my bicycle `i think... guess my old bones are not made for running.,...
Did that myself... in younger days used to run 5-8 miles every morning (6-7min per mile). Recently tried this. Then spent a day rehabilitating my bicycle! o_O

you will have to make do with a nice stroll ,or cycle ,maybe a walk would be safer

• Haha
Reactions: Gkinghrn and WooZie
Currently in week 3 of lock down here in NZ no driving car or riding motorcycle except to LOCAL supermarket,pharmacy,doctor NO recreational use of vehicles full stop no beach swimming no surfing

Civil aviation has a no fly policy in place at all NZ parks/reserves during the lock down you are able to fly on your own property with respect to privacy laws for neighbours

You are not allowed to take off from home and fly around the local area either

SOOOOO Bored
Motorcycle has been cleaned serviced and so have the 2 cars house is a new build so no jobs to be done there and the shops are all shut anyway

lets just hope it has an effect on stamping out this virus that lasts

Take care and stay safe/well

Reactions: pelagic_one
Did that myself... in younger days used to run 5-8 miles every morning (6-7min per mile). Recently tried this. Then spent a day rehabilitating my bicycle! o_O
My doctor is adamant that people over 60 need to find something aerobic that doesn't inflict so much impact damage on feet, legs, and hips as running. Our bodies evolved so that we're pretty good at running into our 30s or 40s, but living past 60 is fairly recent in evolutionary terms. :(

Here in California bay area I have gone for motorcycle rides in the county along with taking the drone. The only interaction is getting gas, but talking to know one. Been on that ride in your map a few times. There's a lot of the local motorcycle community doing the same. Lots of open road! View attachment 98212
Hey Bob,, I am right down the road from you in Morgan Hill. I have been on a couple of rides as well but that,s about it. When the wind isn't to bad I have sent my drone up from the house to a field at the end of the street. Maybe when were able to we should meet up and ride somewhere cool to fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom