DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stealth Flying Neighborhood

That is not the right drone for tactical military affairs or Espionage , you want to look at the Mavic 2 Enterprise which i think had the ability to turn the lights off. If your trying to keep a low profile that is the most important aspect .

Assuming your looking for a fugitive on the run , 400 ft is to high. ;)

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Reactions: airbuspilot
That is not the right drone for tactical military affairs or Espionage , you want to look at the Mavic 2 Enterprise which i think had the ability to turn the lights off. If your trying to keep a low profile that is the most important aspect .

Assuming your looking for a fugitive on the run , 400 ft is to high. ;)

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water.
Ha! Best response.

I did find a way to "black out" the red and green LED lights on the Air 2S... ?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I'm sure that's not what he meant at all. From what I've seen flying from inside your car as not to be obvious to passer bys. I was very paranoid the first year, but after flying in other towns as well as here most won't give you a second thought. Unless of course you do something stupid of which there is a very long list of. I'd advise against stupid flying at all cost. I purchased a set of silent props that I've never attached to my drone that one day I might just to see how they sound.

As others have said, don't do stupid stuff. Hovering close by to folks pointing a camera at them isn't respectful. Transitional passage over people as the new US rules allow is something different. In some peoples' eyes there is little difference between observing and "peeping"? If you're at a public beach photographing action from a reasonable distance for a reasonable amount of time it's a whole lot different than if you're hovering over folks nude bathing in a private place. With the latter scenario you probably deserve a punch in the nose (remember the days we could do that and consider the matter settled?).

There are always going to be "woke folk" who are going to take offense to anything, probably pre-disposed to be offended looking for the opportunity to pose as a victim. I'm not sure how to avoid those types in the long ruun.

I'm sure that's not what he meant at all. From what I've seen flying from inside your car as not to be obvious to passer bys. I was very paranoid the first year, but after flying in other towns as well as here most won't give you a second thought. Unless of course you do something stupid of which there is a very long list of. I'd advise against stupid flying at all cost. I purchased a set of silent props that I've never attached to my drone that one day I might just to see how they sound.
I like the flying from a car idea!!!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Electrical tape would be much better, easier to peel off, but I'm an Aussie, over here it's all about Gaffer Tape, fencing Wire, BlueTac and of course bits of bailing twine!

• Haha
Reactions: 4006448
What is your best technique to fly/observe others without being noticed?

400 ft
Cine mode
Master Airscrew Props

Any other advice?
My best advice regarding the best technique for you to use really depends on what it is you’re trying to do. Do you mind sharing with the forum what it is you’re trying to do?and then someone may be able to provide some good advice.

I use electrical tape. Is gaffer tape better or recommended over electrical tape?
Gaffers tape is far better. It is designed to keep most of the adhesive on the tape when you peel it off. Electrical tape often leaves a gooey mess. Cheap duct tape can be gooey too, so just get some GOOD gaffers tape. You'll be surprised at how many other tasks you can use it for.

Reactions: Gary R and pommy
Best advice - get the Mavic 3 in November. 7X optical zoom will make a huge difference.

Meantime, people around me get biscuit-arsed when I fly at night so I used electrical tape on the lights and obviously take off the strobes. They might hear it but they'll never locate it.

Best advice - get the Mavic 3 in November. 7X optical zoom will make a huge difference.

Meantime, people around me get biscuit-arsed when I fly at night so I used electrical tape on the lights and obviously take off the strobes. They might hear it but they'll never locate it.
I bought the Air 2S last month so my play money is depleted.

That's really smart. I do the same.

When I fly at parks when people are there I keep it at 200 ft or higher and keep it moving and only hover in area where nobody is such as a wooded area.

I have seen people fly in the same situation and only be 20 or 30ft in the air and hovering around people. It totally gives off a vibe of spying on people and people notice the drone. It is annoying.

When higher up, most won't notice it unless they know it's there or know what a drone sounds like.

Reactions: tlswift58
When I fly at parks when people are there I keep it at 200 ft or higher and keep it moving and only hover in area where nobody is such as a wooded area.

I have seen people fly in the same situation and only be 20 or 30ft in the air and hovering around people. It totally gives off a vibe of spying on people and people notice the drone. It is annoying.

When higher up, most won't notice it unless they know it's there or know what a drone sounds like.
Flying at 200 feet is definitely quieter than 20 feet!

Reactions: maggior

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus