DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stealth Propellers

Music One

Reactions
I am thinking about purchasing some Master Airscrew MAS Stealth Propellers for my M2P. Anyone had any experience using them .... also similar for my MA.
Just thought I would check out here before I purchase.
Thanks in advance.

They work fine, with slightly lower motor speeds than the stock props. The prop sound is lower frequency as a result, and some users find them subjectively quieter. They are rather flexible compared to the stock props, which gives them a rather flimsy feel, but I haven't seen any reports of them breaking.

BIL has them on his Air, loves them.
Plenty of threads on here about the MAS props, all get a good wrap from what I've read.
The orange are particularly popular to help see the drone if you have to land somewhere away from home point, or in the event of a crash.

Reactions: scoble08
I like them, as did others, ordered black and orange, black for the back, front orange. From a statistically small sample 12 MAS vs 16 DJI for a M2, I found the MAS to be a bit more often out of balance than the DJI - still like the MAS better though.

I got terrible humble shake when I put stealth props on my gen 1 mavic. With the stock props everything works fine.

I got terrible humble shake when I put stealth props on my gen 1 mavic. With the stock props everything works fine.

Gimbal shake, ah . . . have heard people even get that with 8331 MPP props on the M1P.
I've been using those for 3 years now and no worries, but will check the MAS carefully first couple of flights.

Did you try the gain settings they recommend ?
I think they even include these if needed with the props ?
Otherwise there are plenty of YouTube vids on making the adjustments, but only needed if there is that gimbal jump happening . . . some get it, others don't.

Reactions: Drgnfli
I have them on my M2P and MA and I have not had any problems at all. When I had an M1P I bought some of the DJI low noise props and constantly had gimble issues.

I have the orange ones on my Mav 1 no problems and they are quieter. As mentioned they require less RPM for same lift, so a bit of less drain on the battery.

Reactions: Drone Ranger
As far as the Mavic Air goes. ..if you can see it..you can hear it.. perhaps "Hush" rather than "Stealth"
I think mine are second edition. They came with no instructions on changing the gain and they are smooth at any power setting

I have the blue and the orange one for each of my mavics I have the pro and the zoom the work great but they are pretty tight so I extend the propellers all the way out and straighten them out so there’s no out of balance pressure on the motors

I have the blue and the orange one for each of my mavics I have the pro and the zoom the work great but they are pretty tight so I extend the propellers all the way out and straighten them out so there’s no out of balance pressure on the motors

Good tip re extending them if stiff, DJI pros you can leave them to come out with inertia, but I like to open them up most of the way regardless.
They should loosen up after a number of flights I imagine.

I did read other comments past 24 hrs about the MAS seem soft, more flexible at the tips, and some pilots remove them each time they finish flight to store ?
Not sure I'd like that if so, my 8331 on the M1P just live on the drone, and it's nice and snug in the backpack pocket it resides.

Have them on my MP2. Orange because I thought they looked rather cool. Slight noticeable sound reduction but does give about an extra 1 - 2 minuets of battery life. Hard to say for sure but it is longer. Seems to run a little cooler to the touch as well. IMHO

As mentioned they require less RPM for same lift, so a bit of less drain on the battery.

I've wondered about this lower RPM side of it . . .
There's usually a trade off for such efficiencies.

Would lower RPM place more work on the motors, not so much in revs obviously, but perhaps torque ?
They would have to work harder to turn the props to enable lift with more radically pitched / shaped blades, surely.

Being brushless, maybe this isn't detrimental to the motors.

I wonder if some analytical type like @sar104 might have knowledge or thoughts on this ?

I've wondered about this lower RPM side of it . . .
There's usually a trade off for such efficiencies.

Would lower RPM place more work on the motors, not so much in revs obviously, but perhaps torque ?
They would have to work harder to turn the props to enable lift with more radically pitched / shaped blades, surely.

Being brushless, maybe this isn't detrimental to the motors.

I wonder if some analytical type like @sar104 might have knowledge or thoughts on this ?

It's complicated. If these were simple mechanical systems with differing mechanical advantage, then lower rpm would mean higher torque, but similar power. But with props it depends significantly on drag as a function of lift, and since this function is unknown there is no way to answer the question from first principles.

I did attempt to measure motor power in a hover with the two different types of prop, and found that the stock props appeared to use slightly less power, although note that's not consistent with many reports of increased flight time with the MAS version/

It's complicated. If these were simple mechanical systems with differing mechanical advantage, then lower rpm would mean higher torque, but similar power. But with props it depends significantly on drag as a function of lift, and since this function is unknown there is no way to answer the question from first principles.

I did attempt to measure motor power in a hover with the two different types of prop, and found that the stock props appeared to use slightly less power, although note that's not consistent with many reports of increased flight time with the MAS version/

Thanks, that's interesting, and I thought you'd have done some motor comparos.
Some really interesting data in those graphs (linked thread post above), and explanations to help understand it.

Indeed it would be very hard to get accurate result figures on such things as flight times, or reduced sound (or pitch).
Both would need to be very specifically controlled.

I'm sure many buy these sorts of improvement items, and a placebo effect occurs, they simply WANT the results to be positive.

I will try a few flights and compare flight times as best possible, but in general every flight can be different in many subtle (and not so subtle) ways.
If it is quieter again (to me) I'll be happy I guess, flight times aren't a big issue for me.

I have them on my M2Z, but to be honest I haven't really had time to test them properly. First the crap weather at the start of the year, and now this lockdown. Got to say the main observation is it does help to see the flipping thing!

Reactions: TIm Whatles DDS
Good tip re extending them if stiff, DJI pros you can leave them to come out with inertia, but I like to open them up most of the way regardless.
They should loosen up after a number of flights I imagine.

I did read other comments past 24 hrs about the MAS seem soft, more flexible at the tips, and some pilots remove them each time they finish flight to store ?
Not sure I'd like that if so, my 8331 on the M1P just live on the drone, and it's nice and snug in the backpack pocket it resides.
I keep mine on but have a Mc-case for both of them keeps them in place good never had any problems

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143