DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

stick calibration buggy

registermore

Reactions
Just sayin'
in currently latest version of everything with the mavic, on Android, if you try to calibrate sticks it tells you to hit "finish" when done at the end of the calibration and there's a "done" button
no matter how many time I hit it, it does not conclude calibration ;-)

wondering if someone else found a work around that

(and also it looks like i could have posted this in another section, sorry)

1IgIpGG

When you do the stick calibration, make sure you calibrate the dial wheels as well (wheels to move gimbal and exposure settings).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep did all
i suspect its due to my 720p phone screen and that somehow it doesnt register the button - not sure
i noticed vision calibration also does nothing (but i can calibrate on pc with the assistant/full calibration)

Are you getting the squares change to a blue line as you move them round. I noticed I had to complety fill the line on both sticks before the done continues. Also don't be near any metal or magnetic surface/speakers ect as they are hall sensors and work on magnets.

Reactions: mattilesy
It's definitely not because of a 720P screen... I've got this same stuff on my S7.

I have heard the major issue is that many do the calibration too quickly. When you calibrate, the app "paints" the square line on the screen. If there is even a single tiny gap in the square, the calibration will not complete. The gap is usually because the sticks are moved too quickly. Apparently you have to go "really slowly" so the square has no gaps and then it works fine.

Slow, fast, upside down, standing on one foot...don't matter. It fails every time and it never shows finish anyway...just "done". Of course clicking "done" for me just doesn't work either. I get a message on the controller that says, "FAIL CALI4" each and every time.

By the way... if I do the calibration with my iPad Mini Retina...it finishes without issue. There's definitely a problem with DJI Go 4 Android app here.

Last edited:
I have went very slow many times and have always completed the box but it will not finish. I used DJI Go app and tried it on a galaxy cell and an Asus Tablet both. I have refreshed the new firmware too.It does the same thing every time.

I have went very slow many times and have always completed the box but it will not finish. I used DJI Go app and tried it on a galaxy cell and an Asus Tablet both. I have refreshed the new firmware too.It does the same thing every time.

Yep...I'm completely convinced this is a bug in the Android version. it doesn't appear to be present in the iOS version. I know not everyone has access to both platforms but if you do...I'd recommend trying to complete the calibration under iOS.

When you do the stick calibration, make sure you calibrate the dial wheels as well (wheels to move gimbal and exposure settings).

When I do the Left Gimbal it calibrates but turning the right one does not show up on the calibration screen in either direction,

add me to the list of those having issues. One thing worth mentioning is when I start the calibration, there are no boxes around the the stick controls. Just circles....like others have stated, no finish button either. Just a done button which appears to be inactive.....so it times out after 60 seconds....Here is a video I made outlining my issues. It happens in both DJI GO and DJI GO 4 apps...everything is on the latest rev as well...

Just sayin'
in currently latest version of everything with the mavic, on Android, if you try to calibrate sticks it tells you to hit "finish" when done at the end of the calibration and there's a "done" button
no matter how many time I hit it, it does not conclude calibration ;-)

wondering if someone else found a work around that

(and also it looks like i could have posted this in another section, sorry)
I've never gotten it to work.

I installed the GO app on my wife's I-Pad mini 4 and it worked first try...it has to be an issue with the Android app(s).

please report back if it works or not......it will either reinforce the idea that it is an Android app issue and not necessarily the device running the app or blow away my theory..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom