DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stick calibration with every flight!!!

pilo35

Reactions
So every time I fire up the magic pro 2 it asks for a stick calibration. It starts beeping really load and it’s really annoying. I had to shut it down last night because I am sure it was annoying people at the fire works show. Anyone know what’s going on.

Meaning no offense but are you sure you are following the procedure correctly?
I ask because the first time I tried it with a P3 I read "start" as an instruction to start waggling the sticks, it took me a few unsuccessful attempts to realise the "start" button is a "start the calibration procedure by pressing this button" button

Last edited by a moderator:
I get the same behavior with my M2P controller, but only occasionally. I have found that if I restart both drone and controller, the warning goes away . . . sometimes. I don’t think it’s improper pilot procedure but some kind of glitch. And I agree that the warning sound is very annoying.

Do you have any magnets near the sticks or controller? Including a magnetic charging cord.
The sticks use a hall sensor, magnets will make them out of spec.

Do you have any magnets near the sticks or controller? Including a magnetic charging cord.
The sticks use a hall sensor, magnets will make them out of spec.

I was wondering the same since i was caught out by a tablet case which the controller was resting on and had a magnetic clip, once I moved the case away the controller was fine.

Thanks guys. I do keep the charger in the same polar pro case as the remote. I will keep the two separate going forward. As for doing it correctly, I’m pretty sure I am as it says start and once I have calibrated everything the finish button activates. Once I do it I can fly without issue.

I have the same problem. Sometimes it goes away when rebooting the controller once. Sometimes it takes multiple reboots before it clears out.

I tried calibrating the sticks, and it looks when I do not touch the sticks, there is a slight movement captured (-3) on the screen.

I suspect there may be a glitch with my controller due to how I store it in the DJI fly more bag. The space there is too fit and probably the sticks remained pushed for long periods of time. Although I used a plastic cover to keep them in place.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929