Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 8-10 months

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • >10 months

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

qwersar

Reactions
Yesterday, I dropped my mavic controller face down from about a 3 foot height, on a wooden floor. It flew (seemingly) fine right after that. However, by the next time I turned the controller on, there was a "stick err...re-ctr stck". I opened the screen to calibrate the controller, and it turned out the left stick was offset by 15 while centered, and would only go to 93 when I pushed it to the bottom left. I ended up recalibrating the controller, and when I did so, the stick error went away, and the app claimed the calibration was a success. I even flew the drone after that to make sure (The drone was a tad bit shaky, but that's probably attributed to the powerful 18 mph winds of that day). However, when I reopened the calibration screen, it still claimed the stick was offset. That raised a few questions:

What's the science behind the "controller calibration"? Why did it still claim the stick was offset on the calibration screen despite the "stick err" message going away on the controller's screen, and the "successful calibration" orginally? Is my stick likely still damaged in any way, and if so, is it likely to cause future issues?

Any responces would be greatly appreciated...

Last edited:
Sorry, can't help. I did stick calibration and it took quite a few tries as it kept timing out. Frustrated the hell out of me but it works fine. My point being that maybe it will take a few tries before all works right. Good luck

Sorry, can't help. I did stick calibration and it took quite a few tries as it kept timing out. Frustrated the **** out of me but it works fine. My point being that maybe it will take a few tries before all works right. Good luck
Did you have any error prior to the calibration?

What device are you using with the RC, and how is it installed. Dropping the RC face down should definitely have caused problems with the control stick and the works inside the controller

What device are you using with the RC
A Galaxy S8
...and how is it installed.
In the phone clamp that comes on the remote, connected with a Micro USB cable
Dropping the RC face down should definitely have caused problems with the control stick and the works inside the controller
...even though it flew fine after the stick calibration? The stick seemed to be the only thing that got damaged, but after I calibrated it, (according to the RC) it's now as good as new. No more "stick err...re-calibrate stck". The issue is that one screen in the app that still shows it's still 15% offset, which seems more like a bug, but I could be wrong.

Sorry, can't help. I did stick calibration and it took quite a few tries as it kept timing out. Frustrated the **** out of me but it works fine. My point being that maybe it will take a few tries before all works right. Good luck

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. The blue circle will not always move and the program eventually times out.......and yes KapK, it is frustrating. Thanks for your post.

Chuck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake